Mindjet PDF exported from Windows not working on Apple

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
I exported a PDF on my Windows machine and it works well on Windows. A colleague tried to open it on a Mac and it was just empty. How can I solve this and make it also work on Mac?

Best
Thomas
Photo of Thomas

Thomas

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • sad

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 116 Reply Likes
It depends, if the PDF you're talking about is an interactive PDF / Mindjet Viewer PDF then this is not something that is going to work on MacOS as it depends on a Flash object that is embedded inside the PDF... something which is not possible on MacOS. 
(Edited)
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1247 Posts
  • 187 Reply Likes
Also Mindjet has skipped the export to pdf in MindManager 2017 for windows , since now they have HTML5 export with more flexibility available.

You can get a -simple- export to pdf add-in via https://www.olympic-limited.co.uk/mindmanager-add-ins/map-for-mindmanager/exports/
Photo of Chinmay Raval

Chinmay Raval

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Ary,

We use MindManager 2017 at our facility. 
I am wondering why the Interactive PDF was not carried forward to this new version. Instead we now have a HTML export option. 

Furthermore, about the simple export to PDF add in, is it a free add in or a chargeable one ? 

Thanks,
Chinmay Raval

• 1247 Posts
  • 187 Reply Likes
Hello Chinmay,

The interactive pdf used technology not supported by all platforms whereas html5 offers more flexibility and futureproof opportunities

• 1247 Posts
  • 187 Reply Likes
Hello Chinmay,

The best way to find out about free or prices is at the Olympic Limited website
Photo of Thomas

Thomas

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi and thanks for the answers. Finally I know now that it's not my mistake ;-)