Mindjet Tasks

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Mindjet Tasks is it still available in Apple store?
Photo of Roberto Tiozzo

Roberto Tiozzo

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • not happy

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1892 Posts
  • 339 Reply Likes
Have you found it? If yes...Yes. If no... No ;-)
(Edited)
Photo of Longhua68

Longhua68

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am not sure you are replying to me :-) However my problem is I cannot find anymore the mindjet tasks app in the apple store. So I am asking you guys if you have the same problem! Being located in China I am not sure this is the chiense firewall or other problems.
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 466 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
Hello - 

The Mindjet Tasks App for both Android and iOS have been retired. Please use your browser to access your tasks by going to https://vision.mindjet.com/

Best regards, 
-Marian
Photo of Chinarut

Chinarut

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thank you for maintaining access to our tasks.

I am sad to witness the transition from cohuman. there was so much promise.

what is the recommended path to transition from Mindjet Tasks into a platform like Asana?

what is Mindjet's new vision around tasks for those who found Mindjet Tasks going in the right direction?

does Mind Manager still support filtering maps based on incomplete tasks?

Filtering maps by tasks was one of the most unique features I used in Mind Manager in 2007 and I would go as far to say I did find it more useful than Mindjet Tasks for high level strategic planning.

I tried to find a screenshot of this feature I took 12 years ago & post it later if I can find it.

If someone could provide some guidance as to how to transition our tasks (including task conversation threads) to Asana, this would be great.

How long will the Mindjet Vision stay up now that it is officially retired?
(Edited)
Photo of thebimbo

thebimbo

• 60 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Email received 2020-06-17

"We are writing to let you know about an important upcoming product change that may impact your workflows and data.

On December 31, 2020, Mindjet Connect, Mindjet Tasks, and Project Director will be retired. We are taking this action in response to the pending discontinuation of Flash browser support for these applications, as well as the availability of next-generation collaboration capabilities with our new Co-Editing service."

Very disappointing. first the Tasks App is suddenly dead and now the Web is going away. Really lousy justification as MIndjet Tasks was not using Flash!!!

MIndjet - you should be ashamed on how badly you have used your Cohuman since purchased!!

• 1854 Posts
  • 321 Reply Likes
I agree with you that Mindjet should have continued Cohuman. They never explained why and since it worked like a charm in 99,7% of the time, it can only be that someone did not understand the functional importance of this for project managers. 

So Mindjet please explain why you dropped it.

This link shows an intro video that should give you an idea.
https://youtu.be/fjAxrvowbdI

It may be that you could build this yourself using smartrules etc. but why not bring it live again.

• 1854 Posts
  • 321 Reply Likes
I disagree with you on the End Of Life announcement of Files and Projectdirector that includes the older not maintained apps for tasks and files on your smartphone or iPhone. It was known and communicated to all of us for several years in advance and the apps where not maintained for a long time.
The co-edit functionality may not behave exactly the same, but you can do almost everything, and it is getting better all the time. So do check the latest version and see how it can help you.
Photo of thebimbo

thebimbo

• 60 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
You may be right to disagree but an EOL for what reasons - that is what I am having a hard time to understand...

Of all the items they bundled together into the EOL announcement the ONLY product that deserved being thrown out is the online web editor that was flash-based. Again, this could have been re-worked to not use flash and I do see that co-edit goes some way to provide similar functionality. But Files, maybe Projectdirector (although never clear to me what part of Projectdirector is what - was that the online web editor) and definitely Tasks should have been maintained over time.  Just a bit of love could have made Tasks on web/mobile more usable, Files mostly worked fine. And the fact that the old Minmanager Mobile client was discontinued years ago with no replacement is unbelievable. I still cannot understand how they had an official client that did not support tasks or resources - they really ought to ask their users. Oh and don't talk to be about 'Mindmanager Go' - it provides zero editing or offline capabilities and cannot open my Mindmanager maps stored on Dropbox. iThoughts is way better and even does a better job of exporting e.g. multiple export formates including creating Powerpoint presentations.

• 1854 Posts
  • 321 Reply Likes
Well... I have no problems storing Mindmanager on Dropbox, Box, Googledrive, One drive, Sharepoint or any of the other platforms that are available and stable. With so many other options that can be used for many other applications as well, I do understand dropping Mindjet Files -as it is limited to only mindmanager use.

MindManager Go is indeed just a reader available for free to your audience.

MindManager CO-Edit is a complete other story. With Co-edit you can edit and even do it together with team members. The only thing you have to do to use it is to store the mindmap on any of the cloud platforms your company uses. Next you can invite yourself and others to co-edit, even at the same time. All from their browser