Mindjet 10 for Mac - Cannot open files (Zip Archive Error)

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
I have 10.2.5 version, and it is impossible to use it with Maverick system on Mac.
When I open a new file or modify an old one and then store it. It is impossible to re-open it.
Is there a solution to solve this very serious problem quickly ?

Photo of MBTC

MBTC

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Terry Dalton

Terry Dalton

• 304 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
There was issue introduced with a security patch from Apple back in June which is causing XMMAP files (i.e., pure XML with no binary attachments) to open as MMAP (zip archives - which contain binary attachments within a directory structure).  We have found that renaming a file that is presenting a Zip Archive error to XMMAP through the finder usually resolves the issue.  If it does not, send a message with the map attached to customer.support@mindjet.com
Photo of MBTC

MBTC

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Terry, I check your proposition and it doesn't work

Even if it worked, I am facing a very big problem, I have thousands of Mindjet files within my maps and it is not possible to rename them.

Do you know if Mindjet plans to solve this problem ans what could be the delay

Photo of Terry Dalton

Terry Dalton

• 304 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Hopefully you have opened a case with our Technical Services team to address the mapping corruption.  If you have, please use the following url to open a case and submit your map for repair. https://secure.mindjet.com/app/support.aspx

Unfortunately, I do not have any information regarding the timing for the Mindjet Mac release.  I will forward this over to the Product Manager to see if he can provide some input.
Photo of MBTC

MBTC

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I succeeded in having the  Mindjet files reopened.
It is a progress, but it doesn't allow the sofware to be operational because each time I modify a map I have to rename the file to be able to open it.
So the unique question is the timing for the Mindjet Mac release.
If there is no answer it would push me to select an other sofware even if it will need for me a lot of work.
Photo of Eric

Eric

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Happening here as well. 
Photo of Eric

Eric

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
All, best I can tell the issue is related to a possible change in 10.9 (Mavericks) - perhaps with the underlying zip lib?

Mindjet support followed up with an offer to restore my maps from backup but I don't think this will solve the issue. ANY map checked out in 10.9 and then checked back-in is throwing this error on next attempt to view.
Photo of Eric

Eric

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Terry, +1 for talking with the PM. I don't see any information on the Mindjet site re Mavericks support / status. We have at least two instances of 10.9 machines exhibiting this issue and no current workarounds for "bricking" our maps.
(Edited)
Photo of Dan Goldman

Dan Goldman

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
The poor support for Mac is making us reconsider Mindjet as our mind mapping software. The fact that the Mac version is treated as the poor stepson when compared with Window, that even critical issues like these are not even escalated to a hot fix, and the fact that now we are running into incompatibilities between the Mac and Windows versions tells us that we should probably be looking elsewhere for our mind mapping needs. At least The Brain, which is free, doesn't have these issues.
Photo of Eric

Eric

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Heads up all: This "fix" isn't compatible with the iOS apps since a xmmap has to be converted before it can open. Mindjet is also tracking an issue with A7-based iOS devices where the app just hangs if the user tries to edit a map (which I am also experiencing).

https://community.mindjet.com/mindjet/topics/lockup_on_iphone_5s_64g?topic_replies[filter]=all
(Edited)
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 371 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi All, 

Mindjet for Mac 10.3 is now available and the 'Zip Archive Processing Error' issue has been resolved. 

For more information, please go here: 
MindManager for Mac® 10.3 is now available for Download

Regards,
Mindjet Customer Support and Service
Photo of MBTC

MBTC

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Along many years I had too many problems with Mindjet for Mac. This time they went too far ...
I left Mindjet  for a another software and will never return.
MBTC

Photo of Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
It still looks like it is a problem. I am using Version 10.3.605 and it is possible to open the files on my mac, but on no one else's or a windows machine or an iPad...
Photo of Ceffyl Aedui

Ceffyl Aedui

• 25 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I have the same issue across multiple files. It is especially frustrating to have a file open on the Mac Mindjet version and then when I send the file to a coworker they are unable to open the file in Windows Mindjet due to an XML parsing error. 

Changing the file extension name to xmmap did not work. Recreating the file did not work. The support rep from Mindjet tried very hard to help me with the files and we ended up having to edit individual files. 
(Edited)