Mindjet MindManager 2012 has stopped workingt

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Been using Mindjet MindManager 2012 Professional since 9th February. Suddenly today when I try to open it I get a message "Mindjet Mindmanager has stopped working.
I have un-installed and reinstalled twice without any success. Can you help please?

Regards

Nick
Photo of nick_hillier@hotmail.com

nick_hillier@hotmail.com

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • sad

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Nick. Thank you for your post. I see that you have a support ticket opened for this issue you are experiencing. Our team will be in contact with you regarding this. I will be sure to keep an eye on the ticket as well for you.

nick_hillier@hotmail.com

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Brittney

Thank you for your message.

I did speak yesterday afternoon with Alain Leudgen in Support. He took my email address nick_hillier@hotmail.com and said he would send me something that might help. He suggested that he would send it in 10 minutes. Nothing has come. That is not to say he hasn't sent it but I have checked my junk filters and nothing there. If he does have a solution could a link be posted here?

Regards

Nick
Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Nick. I apologize that no one has followed up with you yet. I have contacted Alain directly regarding this. He should be reaching out to you. Thank you for your patience.

nick_hillier@hotmail.com

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Brittney

I have followed Alain's guidance and my difficulties have been resolved. As I worked through things it does look as if remnants from an earlier version of Mindjet might have been an issue.

The only remaining issue and I have asked Alain to help me is that I have got myself locked out of my Mindjet Account.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards

Nick
Photo of Sonitude

Sonitude

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Would be helpful if the suggested guidance was shared here, as I have the same problem. Previously had MM9, MM2012, ResultsManager and GyroQ installed. I've uninstalled all of these, along with a registry clean. Reinstalled MM2012 ... no joy! I've done a clean boot using msconfig.exe and it still won't run. MM9 does work though. Would have been nice to try any other suggested fixes.

I have a ticket open, but would be good to see the guidance here too.
Photo of Sonitude

Sonitude

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have received information from Mindjet that seems to have worked to solve this problem. Here it is, if anyone needs it:

Sometimes it may be necessary to perform a complete uninstall/reinstall of the software. You may need local administration rights to use the attached registry script.

Follow these steps for a complete uninstall:

1. Uninstall MindManager 10/9/8in Windows control panel: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.

2. Download and execute the attached registry clean script (Unzip the file, double-click it and confirm dialogs):
- MindManager 2012: www1.mindjet.de/downloads/support/Remove-all-MM10-reg-data.zip

3. If the install directory C:\Program Files\Mindjet\MindManager (default setup path) still exists, delete it manually. The path can vary if you have installed MindManager per custom setup.

4. Delete the user data:

- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Mindjet\MindManager\
- Windows Vista/Windows 7: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Mindjet\Mindmanager\
Delete the entire folder.

PLEASE NOTE: Local Settings and Application Data are hidden folders. By default hidden folders are not shown in Windows. To view hidden folders set the option "Show hidden files and folders" via Start > Settings > Control Panel > Folder Options. Select the tab View. Scroll down the list to entry Hidden Files and Folders and activate Show hidden files and folders. Apply the setting and close the dialog.

5. Search the directory C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations for any files named Mindjet MindManager Pro .msi and delete these files. Depending on your Operating system the folder WINDOWS can also be named WINNT (Windows 2000 or Windows NT).

6. Now install MindManager again using the appropriate setup file. You can download the latest files from our website: http://www.mindjet.com/resources/down...

7. Start MindManager and wait until the library is initialized. Before changing any setting in MindManager please make sure that your previous problem is solved.

In case MindManager should continue to crash, please run the Windows Even Viewer and send the report to Mindjet Technical Support.

Hope this helps :)
Photo of Magnús Gylfi Hilmarsson

Magnús Gylfi Hilmarsson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you so much Sonitude!!! I have been trying everything and googling for hours until I came upon this thread. This completely solved the problem, again thank you so much publishing this solution!!
Photo of David

David

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just ran into the same problem on my Windows 8 Tablet. I had been Googling and searching for hours until I came across this thread, too. Like Magnus this solved my problem, so thanks Sonitude!
Photo of Kirtar Oza

Kirtar Oza

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I also faced the same issue, I also got resolved with the help of this guide, but I did not clean up the registry as I could not download the reg cleaner from the given link. but the bottom line is that the problem got resolved. Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.