Mindjet wont open xmind files on Android 4.1.1 and 4.0.3

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
On my ASUS infinity Android 4.1.1 and on my ASUS TF101 android 4.0.3 I can't get mindjet to work on my xmind files stored locally.
If I'm lucky I get to open a single file, but thats rare.
On my TF101 Android 4.0.3 thinkingspace works like a dream, opening all files and all linked xmind files within each mindmap. (never got mindjet to work with linked mindmaps within mindmaps)

On my Asus inifinity Andorid 4.1.1 thinkingspace doesn't seem to like the better resolution on the screen.

Switching from xmind to mindjet on my PC isn't a solution in my company for the time being.

Files from PC are copied each night to my tablet. I don't use cloud for the xmind files.

So basically mindjet doesn't work with my xmind files. Is that on purpose or what could seem to be the issue?

Please help because its driving me ..... and I've have to give up my TF101 soon.

Benny (DK)
Photo of Benny Hojholt

Benny Hojholt

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustraded

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Pulipuli Chen

Pulipuli Chen

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Agree! This problem also bother me for a long time.

I use Sony Xperia TX and Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (they both are Android 4.1.2). Everytime I open & revise a Xmind file using Mindjet, this Xmind file could not open again.
Photo of Benny Hojholt

Benny Hojholt

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So mayby this is of no interest for the company mindjet?
Photo of Pulipuli Chen

Pulipuli Chen

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It's so sad.
Photo of Jonathan Hollenbeck

Jonathan Hollenbeck

• 33 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Benny,

Do you have any notes/other objects in the maps, and are you using an XMind template?

Thanks,

Jonathan
Photo of Benny Hojholt

Benny Hojholt

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Jonathan

Well on most mindmaps i have diff. icons (taskscomplete etc.) but that doesn't seem to be a problem opening.

All my mindmaps are created in Xmind and has allways been.Linking to other xmind mindmaps on diff. locations (referenced and absolute)
In thinkingspace it worked like a charme. thinkingspace does not like the better resolution on my Asus infinity, so I can't use that app anymore :(.
Photo of Jonathan Hollenbeck

Jonathan Hollenbeck

• 33 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Unfortunately, we have known compatibility issues with some Xmind objects. So you will probably have trouble if you try to sync the maps between the app and Xmind.

Sorry,

Jonathan
Photo of Benny Hojholt

Benny Hojholt

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
To bad. Well it wasn't only for mindmaps containing symbols I've had a problem with.

But I'll guess I'll have to wait for Xmind to be introduced to Android.