Mindmanager 10.6.125 crashing after upgrading to macOS Mojave

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
After upgrading my mac to Mojave Mindmanager crashes at start up.
I have read the other comments and do not accept that my paid software is no longer working.
I need a solution so I can access my mind manager mind maps created in the last 15 years.
You did not even send out a warning that YOUR software is crashing after the update. 

Expecting your solution today!
Photo of Khaled Alwassia

Khaled Alwassia

• 15 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
  • Pissed of

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Khaled Alwassia

Khaled Alwassia

• 15 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I forgot, My customer details:

Khaled Alwassia
Email: alwassia@yahoo.com
Customer since mid-nineties
Photo of Khaled Alwassia

Khaled Alwassia

• 15 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
after reading other posts I upgraded to version 10.6.129 and the same issue!
Photo of BVu

BVu

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Khaled.
I was told (October 25th) by Mindjet Support that MindManager 10 for Mac is not compatible with Mac OSx 10.14 Mojave.
MindManager 11.2.116 works fine.
Have a nice day.
Bernard
Photo of Khaled Alwassia

Khaled Alwassia

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thank you Ary for the assistance, yes I have the latest updates on Mojave
Photo of Khaled Alwassia

Khaled Alwassia

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I contacted MindManager help des and this is the reply I received today.
I am totally discussed from their lack of customer service, they send me every week a marketing email but can not send a simple info warning about this issue?

Thank you for contacting Mindjet Support. 

You purchased a MindManager version 10 for MAC license in 2016.
MindManager 10 for MAc is not compatible with the new MAC OSX 10.14 Mojave operating system.

To be able to work on MAC OSX 10.14 Mojave, you need our ew MindManager version 11 for MAC.

Unfortunately, you did not purchase an "Upgrade Protection Plan" with your MindManager 10 for MAC license.

Without the "Upgrade Protection Plan" you are not entitled to receive free upgrades.
You can purchase an upgrade to MindManager version 11 for MAC for 89,0 € excl. tax, in our onlineshop here:
https://store.mindjet.com/1494/purl-en-home-top

We recommend to buy MindManager Upgrade Protection Plan and you will not miss any new MindManager MAC versions. 
What's Mindjet Upgrade Protection Plan? Read more: https://www.mindjet.com/mindjet-upgrade-protection-plan/
This product is only available in combination with a new or upgrade licence. The Mindjet Upgrade Protection Plan (UPP) is an annual subscription for MindManager customers that covers you for all new feature releases for one year and offers premium telephone support. 

With the Upgrade Protection Plan, you will also receive FOR FREE the new MindManager version 12 for MAC license, as soon as this new version will be released in Q1-2019.

Meanwhile, you can download/install our free 30-days trial version of MindManager 11 for MAC, via the following link:

http://www1.mindjet.de/downloads/MM11MAC/Mindjet_MindManager_Mac_11.2.117.dmg

If you need further assistance, simply reply to this email or give us a call. 

Best regards,

Sonia Lousberg
Mindjet, Corel Corporation

Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 23 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Sorry Ray Eisenberg   Khaled Alwassia   I thought Mindjet were trying to right the situation with the discount offer to existing Mindjet customers.

My personal view is they should have a USD $20 upgrade for "personal use" and the paid USD $89 upgrade for "enterprise use". 

I am not a soft touch Ray Eisenberg just English polite diplomatic :-)   After many years away I have come back to Mindjet a few months ago because they seem to be now doing the minimum to support MAC users, which is better than doing nothing for us.

I have already raised with the Mindjet CEO.    I would encourage you to do the same but please do not share his email address in the forum if you obtain it, and be polite, I have the feeling he will want to help as it is so expensive to get customers. 
Mindjet CEO Patrick Nichols   https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicholspatrick/
On his LinkedIn profile click CONNECT then ADD NOTE

If you are on Mojave you need to upgrade to v11.  I only upgraded because I had purchased a roadmap subscription to v11 which had not been fulfilled by Mindjet because of some error so then I migrated to Mojave at the same time.  

I exited mindmanager completely for a few years and purchased the expensive iMindMap  https://imindmap.com/software/  I have issues with the iMindMap UI yet there are some clever things in the UI as well.  
These products are mentioned by other forum members in macOS Mojave and MindManager 10 but  I  have not tried them:
Sorry it's not better news for you.
Cheers, John
(Edited)
Photo of Ray Eisenberg

Ray Eisenberg

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Dear @MindmapFan - thank you for your thoughtful response. I have been mindmapping since I read Tony Buzzan's brilliant book way back when, well before Mindjet even existed. I have also used Mindmap for many years, predominantly on a PC and have had no problems and of course always had the latest and greatest features. Since I moved to a Mac environment, I have had to endure second-class citizenship, and this is just the latest of many insults to Mac users. I'm going back to a back-of-the-napkin approach, albeit with a new iPad and electronic pencil - much more satisfying anyway. Thanks again @Mindmapfan. Let me know if any progress is made.  -Ray
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 23 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Same here, I started mindmapping in 2000 with the FREEWARE infant software on a magazine disk - do you remember those magazines LOL - and the product became MindManager eventually.  I have paid for then subscribed since.  

I only bought Tony''s how to books much later after the event.

I have designed GBP £2 million I.T. solution architectures for clients using the early mindmapping software.
Thanks for your kind comments
All the best, John
Photo of Tom Brückner

Tom Brückner

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ok, I upgraded to MM 11 Mac with the upgrade offer for MM 10 Mac users impacted by this problem. Now, MM 11 kinda works, but has lots of rendering problems. Fonts look ugly, and sometimes the whole map is completely distorted. This is not really a satisfying solution. Did MM Mac turn into banana software?!
Photo of Ray Eisenberg

Ray Eisenberg

• 8 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
@MindmapFan and @Tom Brückner - so I broke down and bought the $89 Mac 11 Upgrade and at least I can launch it again. I don't see a fonts issue right now but I'll reserve judgement until I really start to use it - I have a presentation in a couple of weeks so I hope that it doesn't let me down. Pretty shabby treatment for lifetime fans. Thanks for all the advice.
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 32 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Ray EisenbergTom BrücknerKhaled AlwassiaAry Velstra, Expert TrainerBVuHEARD atUNSW ,  David Walsh David Eagle

Ok so we all need to get our BUG FIX & ENHANCEMENTS requests into the community and to support as there is no roadmap details HOWEVER there is a 2019 Q1 release due see below redacted email.

Shall we start a new thread or keep to this one?

My short list is:

- Fix disappearing topics when you browse up/down through a MindManager in v11.2.117 for MAC  (macbook pro w/ retina macos Mojave 10.14.1)

- Fonts seem blurred in MindManager in v11.2.117 for MAC (macbook pro w/ retina macos Mojave 10.14.1)

From: Mindjet Customer Support <customer.support@mindjet.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 at 14:58
Subject: Re: Mindjet Case # ********: macOS Mojave and MindManager 10 [ ref:_00DA0I0cY._5001M1FBUCi:ref ]
To: *********

Hi John,

I'm afraid we currently do not have a road map for MindManager 11 Mac. We are planning to have a major release in Q1 2019, however I'm afraid I don't have any information on that yet.

Best Regards,

Steven
Steven Fox 
Senior Product Support Technician 

Mindjet GmbH 
Siemensstr. 30 
63755 Alzenau, Germany 

www.mindjet.com/support 
+49 (0)6023-9645-0

ref:_00DA0I0cY._5001M1FBUCi:ref

Photo of Ray Eisenberg

Ray Eisenberg