MindManager 2016 installs 64-bit when I have Office 32-bit

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
I have install MindManager 2016 twice and re-installed Office 2016 to try and fix this problem and I can't figure it out.  MindManager 2016 keeps installing in 64-bit mode which doesn't give me any Office add-ins.
Photo of ihayesjr

ihayesjr

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 367 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Ihayesjr, 

I have opened a support ticket for you and a member of our customer service team will be contacting you to troubleshoot. If you can reply to this thread with the version of MS Office you have installed, that will help our troubleshooting efforts. 

Best, 
-Marian
Photo of Bob Levy

Bob Levy

• 82 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
1. I have a 64bit Windows 7 and an addin did not work. Was forceed to fins a 32bit download to install the 32 bit version.

2. Is there a 32 bit download for 2016?  I am not upgrading YET. Waiting for the vendor to add their support to the 64 bit version of 2016.
Photo of Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

• 348 Posts
  • 134 Reply Likes
If anyone is looking for dedicated bit version installers due to add-in conflicts etc then we have these on our downloads page at the foot of the page.

Please note you should in general use the MindManager 2016 all-in-one installer to maintain MS Office compatibility.

http://www.olympic-limited.co.uk/downloads/

If you are having problems with add-ins not showing up in the application after install then please check your bit version of MindManager and the add-in. This issue was covered when MindManager 15 released and it is unchanged for MindManager 2016.

You can get more information on this here:

http://www.olympic-limited.co.uk/mindmanager-15-3264-bit-explained/

Regards

Nigel

MAP for MindManager - more than 37 new functions taking MindManager to the next level. Become a MindManager Power User with MAP. Now with extended license plans for Enterprise and Education - Learn more at www.mapformindmanager.com