Mindmanager 2016 is not keeping my quick access toolbar customization!

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
Every time I close Mindmanager 2016, I lose all customizations in the Quick Access Toolbar. What may be happening?
Photo of Jorge Aramuni

Jorge Aramuni

• 26 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1228 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
Strange... It works fine with me (I run Windows 7 pro)
I checked under File=> options, but found nothing

Does this happen also in other applications? In that case it may be a setting in your windows version
Photo of Jorge Aramuni

Jorge Aramuni

• 26 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Ary! I found out that the problem occurs when I put many icons in the quick access toolbar. I'm using an ultra wide monitor (21:9), with a resolution of 2560 x 1080 (my sistem is Windows 10). There is plenty of room to include a lot of icons in the toolbar. Right now I have 14 icons in the toolbar, and Mindmanager does not lose the configuration when I close and reopen the program. But if I increase the quantity of icons to 40, and then close the program, then when I reopen it there is only the default group of icons (about 10)! All the customization is lost in that circumstance. The problem seems to be the quantity of icons included in the toolbar.
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
I think these settings are recorded in the Windows Registry. Could be that you've installed MindManager on a system that has limited access to the Registry?
Photo of Jorge Aramuni

Jorge Aramuni

• 26 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Mathieu! I tried exporting the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Mindjet\MindManager\16\User Interface\BCGRibbonBar-59398, but it didn't work for some reason. I'm using Windows 10, build 14390.