Jigs Gaton, Consultant

• 111 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Yes, is there one? :) 
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 886 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes

Sorry - there is but I got timed out completing a long post about it and lost the lot!

It can be found at https://www.mindjet.com/mindmanager2016-windows-preview/

To do a much shorter version of my previous post, the new version due out in October features:

• Multi-monitor support for different maps, though it is unclear whether you can have say a map and Gantt view of the same map in different tabs.
  • Network, flowchart and concept mapping similar to the Network Builder add-in developed by Nick Duffill. You can add attachments, icons, tags, notes etc to these diagrams, search them and also integrate standard mind map topics including tasks.
  • Additional topic shapes associated with the above feature. which can be dragged and dropped into diagrams. It is unclear whether these additional shapes or the drag and drop facility can be used in constructing standard maps.
  • Line labelling/annotation. Again this is highlighted in relation to the new networking/flowchart feature and it is unclear whether this facility is available to use with topic lines in standard maps.

These are the only features mentioned in the preview and there is no word on parity between PC and Mac versions.

(Edited)
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 103 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
@emonterog 
The markers in MM 2016 have been redesigned, they are bolder, brighter and work better on high resolution displays and high density screens.

Photo of emonterog

emonterog

• 83 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
@Ary Thank you for the comments:
It is here:
If you Shift drag a topic you can allocate that topic anywhere you want in the canvas. (this is available since MindManager 5)

Well this one I know you can drag a topic but ONLY the first level ones. You cannot do the same with subtopics 2nd. 3rd level ...I did the below example with Novamind which is very flexible on doing that or iMIndmap as well I just wish Mindmanager can allow to do either automatic or manual on all topics so it can help you accommodate elements as you need or want.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 886 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes

@Sia,

Do you have any more information about MM16 - and is Mindjet going to publish the new version's full feature set?

Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 103 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
I can say that there are some new features and improvements that are not shown on the preview page. I can't give anymore details at this time, but the full list will be available in the release notes. =)
Photo of emonterog

emonterog

• 83 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I am considering to upgrade however I don't understand  why not to show what is new in this version? When you buy a car you don't do it by just looking at a picture, you also would like to know what is inside, don't you think?
Photo of Jigs Gaton, Consultant

Jigs Gaton, Consultant

• 111 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Ha, I know how that goes (time outs)... thx for the info. Does not sound like anything too earth shattering, but I'll give it a look. Sure wish they would make the mac version operate like the windows version, as this and MS Project are the only reasons that I ever go there...
(Edited)