MindManager 2017 for Windows is now available.

• Praise
  • Updated 2 years ago
MindManager 2017 for Windows with universal file export, connections to 700+ apps, and timelines has been released and is available now. 
Photo of David Walsh

David Walsh, Official Rep

• 97 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
  • happy

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jigs Gaton, Consultant

Jigs Gaton, Consultant

• 111 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Thx for the update David. Do you know if V15 will coexist with V17 on the same machine for testing? And do you have a link for the 30-day trial. I always demo MM in all my workshops, and I have a big one coming up next week. Thx again! 
Photo of David Walsh

• 90 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
Yes, they both can coexist on the same machine. Although Mindjet recommends uninstalling previous versions, for your testing you should be fine.
Photo of thebimbo

thebimbo

• 48 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Jiggy, all new installs are 30 day trials. Am running 2016 and 2017 on same machine with no issues but do note that you may need to turn add-ons on/off for Outlook (in that programme) etc. depending on what you are using...
Photo of emonterog

emonterog

• 81 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I just updated Mm17 and I wonder if the new export capability to HTLM5 is compatible with IOS devices? Thx,
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1292 Posts
  • 197 Reply Likes
@emonterog. Did you try to open an HTML5 export on IOS? What was the result?
Photo of emonterog

emonterog

• 81 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Looks like. It try to load. But. Just got a empty screen . On my windows laptop it opens fine but. What really frustrate me is. That they keep eliminating exporting options .
Photo of Mark Steele

Mark Steele

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Shouldn't this be a free update if I already paid for the "subscription" they changed me to last year ?
Photo of lonemccord

lonemccord

• 33 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
waiting for mine as well, my subscription date is 11/24, so I should be in. I will re-up anyway but I'd rather wait
Photo of lonemccord

lonemccord

• 33 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I guess I will do the 30day free version until my key arrives? idk. Messy but buys them 30 days.
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1292 Posts
  • 197 Reply Likes
If the subscription does not expire before October 5 2016 you should get it as part of the subscription soon.
But if you did not renew in time, you can always try and renew now, although the conditions may be  a bit different ;-)
Photo of David Walsh

• 97 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Everyone,  

Thanks for the feedback. The 2017  keys are not ready to be sent to the "software assurance" eligible customers at this time. 
These should be sent within the next 3 weeks. In the meantime, we are encouraging customers to download the trial version
of the 2017 software. As you know, the trial is for 30 days and is full featured. Once your key arrives you can simply activate
the trial software you are running. If you don't see the key in the next three weeks please contact our customer support
team at customer.support@mindjet.com. Also be sure to check your spam filter as sometimes they can get caught there.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but we wanted to make sure we got the software out and into our customer's hands as soon as possible.
 I'm sure you can appreciate that.

Download MindManager 2017 for Windows here: 
https://www.mindjet.com/support-info/download-library/

If you have any questions or need assistance installing your new product, please 
reply to this email. Thank you for being a part of the Mindjet community.

Regards,
David 
Mindjet, Corel Corporation
(Edited)
Photo of Brian Morse

Brian Morse

• 35 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I am on the maintenance plan waiting for my activation key for 2017.  I have 9 days left in my 30 day trial.  When it expires how will you address that problem?
Photo of Brian Morse

Brian Morse

• 35 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I contacted support via customer.support@mindjet.com.  Sent them my support plan ID. Support created a case..and sent me a license key.   Boom!  Done!  Now I can continue using MindManager 2017 without interruption.  If I had 3 thumbs I would give you 3 thumbs-up. Thanks
Photo of John

John

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there forward compatibility in MM16 with files created using MM17? I have the subscription and can upgrade, but my team has MM16 and I want to know if they will still be able to see my files. If the answer is mixed (i.e. most are compatible, some features are not) could you tell me which of those features are not supported in 16?
Photo of Shilpa Kabra

Shilpa Kabra, Official Rep

• 125 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi John,

Majority of the feature is backward compatible but Timeline templates are only supported in MindManager17.
In general new features are never backwards compatible.Below is the link of release notes for MM17.
If the feature was listed in the new section for a release then it won't be available in previous versions.

http://download.mindjet.com/MindManager_17_0_ReleaseNotes_EN.pdf.

Thanks,
Shilpa
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 867 Posts
  • 218 Reply Likes
I don't think anyone expects that the new templates and other features will magically appear when a map created using them in MM17 is opened in MM16. A more important issue is whether those features are maintained in a map if you "round trip" it; ie, create a map in MM17, open and even edit it in MM16 and then reopen it in MM17. What happens to things like timeline layouts, Gantt critical path and multiple use of the same text tags in different groups, to take some examples?
(Edited)
Photo of Shilpa Kabra

• 125 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Alex,

As of now  maps created using Timeline Template not supported on older version so if you round trip it from older version, timeline layout will not be preserved.

Thanks,
Shilpa
(Edited)
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 867 Posts
  • 218 Reply Likes
OK, thanks for that. What about the other added features in MM17, like critical path, multiple use of the same tags and Zapier integration?
Photo of Shilpa Kabra

• 125 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Alex,

Critical Path, Multiple tag with same name as well as Receiving Zap ,all of them, were preserved while round tripping maps from older version(tested with MM16).Multiple tags with same name can not be viewed properly in MM16 but when we open the map again in MM17 , all tags are preserved and shown correctly.Same with receiving zap topics which still receives zaps.

Thanks,
Shilpa