Mindmanager 2017 Windows with MindJet Files

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • (Edited)
How to link Mindmanager 2017 Windows to MindJet Files (to be able to use iOS app to continue working on the maps)

I am just trying out MM 2017 but cant seem to connect to MindJet files (where I store my maps that I work on the iPhone and iPad on). 

The MindJet Cloud seems to only be available with Enterprise license. 
Photo of Thomas Peter

Thomas Peter

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1268 Posts
  • 192 Reply Likes
In short: The current cloud users are the only  for which MIndjet Files is operational.
MindManager Enterprise uses Sharepoint as shared storage.
Mindjet seems to work on an alternative solution but we don't know what it is, or when it will be available.

However, you have a workable option...

My suggestion is to use BOX, since you can save your maps direct in BOX  with MM2017 and you can store your maps your iOS apps in BOX as well
Photo of Thomas Peter

Thomas Peter

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for your response. 
Unfortunately Box is not an option (am Expat in China and can't get beyond login screen on Box, i.e. blocked in China). 
I am a current Mindset Files user on iOS but it seems that Mindjet Cloud link in MM 2017 is not to the same cloud solution (doesn't accept my credentials). 
Are there any other alternatives? (can't believe that a solution with this price tag can't exchange data between iOS and PC / Mac seemlessly)
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1268 Posts
  • 192 Reply Likes
There are many other options, but since your are Expat in China you better check them out yourself. You could read the Mindjet Blog or the settings and help files of your iOs apps.
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 116 Reply Likes
Could it be that Mindjet Files is still disabled in your MindManager 2017 install, as it is by default? As you've mentioned, Mindjet Cloud is a new service with a new type of account.

See below screenshot on how to enable Mindjet Files in MindManager 2017:

See screenshot below on how to sign in to Mindjet Files:
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 96 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Mathieu is correct, you need to enable it in the settings shown in his screenshot.