MindManager 2018 - Apply power filter to new schedule and priority views?

• Idea
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Planned
Is there a way to apply the power filter applied to a map, to the new schedule and priority views the same way it is applied to the gantt chart view?
Photo of David Wintemute

David Wintemute

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
That's a good point! For example, when using a simple map as the one below in the screenshot and applying a Quick Filter on Priority 2.... You'll notice that when you'll open up Priority View it will show all the topics and not hide the topics that were filtered away by the Quick Filter.
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 95 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Hi David & Mathieu,

We want your feedback on an upcoming change to our new views in MindManager 2018. 

Currently, if you apply a filter to your map and then switch to Schedule or Priority view, the filter is not applied in these views. This happens because you can have different filters for each view. We are looking to improve this experience. 

Please indicate which of the following options you prefer:
  1.  A button in Schedule view that allows you to apply the filter from Map view to Schedule view.
  2.  A new setting that controls whether the filter from Map view is automatically applied to Schedule view.
Photo of David Wintemute

David Wintemute

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I prefer option 2. I would like to see the same filter applied to the map view, applied to the schedule view, the priority view, and the gantt view.
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
I would prefer option 2 as well, using filtered contents of the map for all views
Photo of Andy Hayward

Andy Hayward

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
The ability to apply Priority and Schedule View on "focused" topics only would be a massive help.  I don't care how it is done, but with over 600 topics showing in a schedule view where I wanted just 15, I cannot use it and have to revert to the more time consuming manual application of dates.
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 95 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Thanks Andy, this will be possible in our MM 2018 service pack coming soon.