Mindmanager 2018 dependencies

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
Hello, the dependencies do not work as I expect. Please see the attaches file. Thank you. Michael.
Photo of Michael Zuccon

Michael Zuccon

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Colin Horner

Colin Horner

• 125 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Hi Michael I am amazed you got to Step 2 - can you please show me the Gantt chart view after Step 2
Photo of Michael Zuccon

Michael Zuccon

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Colin, this is the Gantt view. 

Photo of Colin Horner

Colin Horner

• 125 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Hi Michael I think I have solved it - contact me on colin@visualthinking.co.za and I can walk you thru' it
Photo of Michael Zuccon

Michael Zuccon

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Colin, can you post it in this community? So others could profit also. 
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 817 Posts
  • 207 Reply Likes
Yes - I'm intrigued by this too. I can't work out why in the start date of task 3 wasn't pushed out by the increase in the duration of task 2 to five days, given there is meant to be a finish-to-start relationship between them.
Photo of Colin Horner

Colin Horner

• 125 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Hi All To create Step 1As per Michael original post - effectively 'Back Scheduling' you have to Use 'Start to Finish' Dependencies from T5 - T1 sequentially.  Once you reach Step 3 i.e. increasing duration of T2 you are now forward scheduling.  You need to remove the Dependencies and re-create as 'Finish Start' from T1 - T5 sequentially.  This pushes the Milestone End date out.  To achieve the same End date, move the project Start date forward which will show you when you need to start T1 to achieve the same End Date.  Hopefully you can follow this explanation, I have shown the 4 stages in the attached Gantt screen shot.  Please contact me if this is not clear - I am used to drawing pictures rather than writing words!