MindManager 2018 exporting empty images?

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
I'm using MM 2018 v. 18.1.154 on Windows 7. I have attempted to export my map at 8000 x 6000 and 12000 x 9000 in BMP and PNG. Every time I do so, the image file is empty. I have been successful at 6000 x 4500 resolution but the map is unreadable at that resolution. MM's online documentation tells me that there is no maximum resolution for an exported image file. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Photo of Vince

Vince

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 140 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Hi Vince,

I tried exporting one of my spec documents at a very large resolution in PNG format and it worked (9000x16000).
One thing I noticed that could be the issue, the image showed up in my folder before it was done exporting, when I first clicked on it I got an error saying that the image was empty. After waiting some time (I guess because the file is very large) I was able to open the file normally. I think this time would depend on the processing power of your computer. How long did you wait after exporting before trying to open the image file?

Photo of Vince

Vince

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is very helpful, Sia, thank you. How long did you wait? I did not wait for those previous files, but I did try your suggestion this morning. I've been waiting more than an hour on 14000x15000 PNG file and it's not larger than 0 kb yet.
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 140 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Hi Vince, an hour seems way too long. Maybe it has something to do with the map you are exporting. what type of content is in the map? Can you share it with us? You can send it to customer.support@mindjet.com.
Photo of Vince

Vince

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you. I will do that.