MindManager 2020 - export to word is not working

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • (Edited)
Hi,

I just purchased MindManager 2020 for my daughter (student version) because she needs to export MindMaps to MS Word.

But it's exactly this feature that doesn't work. It's greyed out, although the add-in is activated.
The same with MS Powerpoint, but MS Excel is working.

Would be glad if somebody has a solution for this problem.

Katharina

P.S.: She works with Windows 10 and Office365

Photo of Katharina Hille

Katharina Hille

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Renaldostheold

Renaldostheold

• 21 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Have you installed the full version of MS Office? The full application is needed to work with MM. You can find the installer on the MS Office site or from the online version of Word (or any other app). 

Rennie
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1216 Posts
  • 316 Reply Likes
Also check that you have compatible versions of Office and MindManager, ie, they are both 32-bit, or both 64-bit. The MM installation process should detect what version of Office you have and automatically install the appropriate version of MindManager, but occasionally it will install the wrong one. If this has happened you should contact MindManager support and ask for the link to the MM installer specific to your version of Office.

Unfortunately however the export problem will occur even if you have a full version of Office and the compatible version of MM is installed, in which case you should contact MM support. This has happened to one of my computers but not the other, and I’m still trying to get to the bottom of this issue.
Photo of Blair Young

Blair Young, Official Rep

• 26 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Hi Katherine. I will alert this to one of our product team. Perhaps he or the support team can help you with this. Cheers... Blair
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 446 Posts
  • 86 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Katherine, 

As other helpful users have mentioned, the computer needs to have Microsoft Office installed and licensed in order for the export to Word and PowerPoint features to work in MindManager. If the computer has this installed, try repairing the installation of MindManager through the Windows Control Panel. 

Our Excel integrations do not rely on Microsoft Office being installed. 

If you need additional assistance, you may contact our support team at www.mindjet.com/contactus

Best, 
-Marian