MindManager 2020 bug of the day 2: resources standard rate bug (I think)

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
My second bug of the day (I think) is that I can't find any way to add a cost per time to a resource. The MM2020 manual talks about being able to do this, as follows:

"Assign Costs to Resources

"1. In the Resources task pane, click Manage Resources.

"2. In the Manage Resources dialog, choose the time increment to use when managing a resource's cost. You can choose to calculate costs using hours, days, weeks, or usages.

"3. Type the cost per time increment in the Standard Rate box."

Now unless I'm doing something wrong here I can't see a Standard rate box. All I have is the following:

Is it me or the software?
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1112 Posts
  • 266 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Manos Ritsatakis

Manos Ritsatakis

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi

Found this in the release notes: "MindManager Enterprise users can track resource costs, in addition to general costs ". Do you have enterprise edition?

Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 156 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Manos is correct,

The resource rate feature and calculation of resource rates base on task duration or effort are features available only in the Enterprise version. 
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1112 Posts
  • 266 Reply Likes
Thanks - I now recall seeing this in the release notes.

However, in describing the resource cost facility neither the Help file nor the PDF User Guide indicate in any way that this feature is available only in the Enterprise version. This contrasts with the treatment of other Enterprise-only features, which are accompanied by a warning, for example:

"You will only see the Solve button if you are using MindManager Enterprise".

All enterprise-only features should be clearly identified as such throughout the Help file and the PDF User Guide.

(Edited)
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 156 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the feedback, the Help team has been notified and will revise the help guide in their next update.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1111 Posts
  • 266 Reply Likes
Thanks Sia. Perhaps the Help team could review all the documentation to ensure there aren't any other instances where Enterprise-only features aren't identified as such.