MindManager 2020 - sharing with iPAD for viewing

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
How can i view Kanban charts created on my PC in MM 2020 ?

and what good articles are there on viewing MM2020 content on an iPAD ?

(sounds like its hard to edit them)
Photo of PJ

PJ

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Pieter van der Hijden

Pieter van der Hijden

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
MM2020 can import a range of file types: Word, Excel, OPML (outlines), MPX (Microsoft Project Exchange), Freemind, Xmind. So, if you manage to export your Kanban chart in one of these formats, you can import it in MM2020. No idea which fits your charts best and which info lands in the way you prefer in MM. Please, figure it out and share the results!

If you have figured this out and want to do it on a regular base or maybe even (semni)automated, an experienced programmer couds create an additional mechanism based on the underlying Document Object Model.

For viewing MM2020 content on iPad there are three options:
  • MM Go is a powerful free app to display MM2020 content
  • Once you export a MM2020 map as HTML5, and upload it to the cloud (MM Publish functions), people with the link can open, filter and search (!) it through their browser
  • Mindmanager app is a dedicated tool to create and manipulate maps on iPad; I tried this for a while while taking (structured) notes during meetings; for me it was too clumsy and too slow, although the maps had a fresh and attractive look.
The most concrete learning resources on these topics are:
  • the mindmanager user guide (469p.), free to download
  • the new interactive learning resources, hidden in the MM File menu, page Learning
  • the regular webinars, archived and/or available as free on-demand webinars, see https://www.mindjet.com/resources/webinars/
Does this help?

Best,
Pieter

Photo of PJ

PJ

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
The simple answer form this is:
use MMGo to display MM2020 content
BUT it does not yet support teh KANBAN format of MM2020.

can vendor provide an update to MMGO ?
Photo of Sia

Sia, MindManager Product Design & Management

• 250 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
Hi PJ,

Kanban / Tag View can be viewed on an iPad now. We released a cloud update earlier this week that introduced this functionality for Publishing and HTML5 export. As long as you have the standard MindManager installation you should receive cloud based updated to Publishing and HTML5 export without needing to update your installation of MindManager. 

The release notes for the cloud update related to Publishing and HTML5 export are here: https://download.mindjet.com/MindManager_Browser_Viewing_App_4_2_ReleaseNotes_EN.pdf

The MindManager Go application will updated to include Kanban/ Tag View soon, once it's available you'll be able to update via the iOS app store.

Here's how you can do this now

Publish your file:

Go to the published URL on your iPad and tap View / Tag View, then choose the Tag Group you want to display:

View your content in Kanban/Tag View:

Our team is working hard to bring you important updates to all of our sharing and mobile features. Hope that helps!
Photo of PJ

PJ

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
look forward to MindManager Go application being updated to include Kanban/ Tag View.

i can not see a PUBLISH option on my MM2020

and HTML5 export  is valid for non-Kanban but not Kanban maps.

Kanban was a god new format for MM2020 .

until MMGo is updated  i will take SnagIt pictures to share and view on iPAD

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1822 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
It looks to me you have decided to take an extreme complicated route to get something not as good as the solution presented to you. Please reconsider. It will save you a lot of time and nuisance
(Edited)

Pieter van der Hijden

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Photo of PJ

PJ

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for sharing a similar image to that provided by Sia.
But i still have same view without PUBLISH

:(

Photo of Sia

• 250 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
Hi PJ,

Are you part of a larger corporation that purchased MindManager? Did your IT admin install it for you? It's possible to disable things like Publishing and auto-update of the HTML5 export template when administrators are installing the product, so that may be why you don't have it there. If that is the case then you need to discuss your needs with your IT admin to have them enable those features.
Photo of PJ

PJ

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Please Note that the answer is that a MAP in KANBAN style can not be exported as HTML5 - nothing to do with my set up.
Photo of Andreas Lercher

Andreas Lercher

• 70 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
to complete your question
Showing a Map in Kanban-Styles only uses the special document-view "Tag". This ist not  specific Mapping-Style. It is only a special way to view your map.
Exports works for every map. You only have to close the document-view
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1215 Posts
  • 315 Reply Likes
Check under File, Options, Add-ins that the Export HTML5 Maps add-in has a tick next to it.
Photo of PJ

PJ

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Please Note that the answer is that a MAP in KANBAN style can not be exported as HTML5 - nothing to do with my set up.

Photo of Sia

• 250 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
Hi PJ,

You are correct, since Tag view was not supported in HTML5, exporting in that view was disabled in the desktop app. Now that it's supported we will be enabling that in the next version.
Photo of Sia

• 250 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
Just an update on this thread that version 1.2 of MindManager Go is now available in the iOS and Google Play app stores. This update includes Tag /Kanban view so if you update your app you can now use it in the mobile app.
Photo of PJ

PJ

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
GREAT - KANBAN view now seen on MMGO.

Pieter van der Hijden

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great! I was wondering whether priority markers and task completion markers also are considered as "tags"? 
What happens with the maps we published as HTML5 from MM Desktop? Will they also have the tag view? Automatically or after next update of the map? For me that is important as I did not realize at the time of first publishing that this view was released (so I need to cleanup here and there).
Best regards,
Pieter
Photo of Sia

• 250 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
Hi Pieter,

Priority and progress are icons, Icon view will be coming soon to the cloud products as well. If you are using version 20 or greater you should automatically get the update so that Tag view is in your HTML5 exports. Publishing was updated with Tag view for all published maps regardless of the version they use.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1215 Posts
  • 315 Reply Likes
Depending on how long "soon" is, as a temporary measure you could use SmartRules to write tags for both priority and progress and display these in Tag View on MindManager Go. 

Simply set up a tag group for each and create the appropriate set of tags depending on how many levels of priority you want and how many levels of progress, and assign a colour to each tag. If you are rolling up tasks you should probably create tags for all available progress levels even if you round progress on individual tasks to 25%, 50%, etc, as the parent topic will likely end up with averaged progress levels like 10%, 35%, etc.

Then write a write a set of SmartRules that uses either Priority or Progress as the trigger to assign the matching icon in the relevant Tag Group and save the map. It should be available to view in MM Go with the Tag View acting as a de facto icon view (see examples below). You can also use the same approach with general icons.

(Edited)

Pieter van der Hijden

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks, Alex, smart thinking!