MindManager 2021 Single Seat

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
I use MindManager 2020 on two windows machines - a laptop, for travel, and a desktop. It seems as I transitioned to MindManager 2021 that a single seat is be enforced. do go back and forth between pc's frequently - is there a workaround for this or do I have to link/unlink two machines?

Photo of Craig Deasy

Craig Deasy

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1281 Posts
  • 356 Reply Likes
I'll wait to confirm this when Software Assurance licences are distributed but if this is the case I'll be very concerned.
Photo of Hilde Weisert

Hilde Weisert

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have MM 2020, and seeing this I don't intend to upgrade. Same case, laptop and desk computer. 
Photo of Detlef Huß

Detlef Huß

• 29 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
@Craig In doupt whether I got you right: I have three W10-workstations. I don't experience any issue with switching between these devices. In order to ensure compliance, I shut down the 2021 before starting on the other machine, as well myself is the onliest person using the MindManager. - Haven't managed to convince my family about my enthusiasm for the MindManager, but that is for sure not your question.

I understand that a new account need to be registered, the MindJet-ID won't do to run 2021.

@Hilde I would like to recommend to you the Upgrade Protection Programm to you. For 137 € you're becoming hazzle free: Download versions as they are being published and for a major version wait a few days for the license key. "Haken dran" (ticked).

:-)
Photo of Craig Deasy

Craig Deasy

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Detlef,

I will need to confirm on my return later this week. What prompted the question is when I upgraded my laptop for travel and it said during licensing - 1 or 1 license used. Not sure what will occur when I try to upgrade and use the same license for my desktop. 

I will give it a try late this week. Not sure if anyone else has had success as yet.

Thanks for your interest.

Craig
Photo of Blair Young

Blair Young, Official Rep

• 42 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Hello everyone.

Support can and will provide a waiver so that you can use the licence on multiple computer devices.

Please be aware that a single user can only use one desktop device install at any point in time.

In the past the software has been open to abuse where one licence was purchased but then used by multiple users on multiple devices. We are trying to find an intelligent way to control this without impacting our loyal user base.

Until then, please continue as normal. We will not be blocking your extra desktop devices as long as you are only active on one desktop device at a time.

Cheers.. Blair
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1274 Posts
  • 354 Reply Likes
I've always accepted - and been grateful for - the two-installs, one use at a time model, though it would have been nice to have a little more flexibility about this.

However, this should be set up by default, and not be something that users have to ask for. MindManager may have a lot of corporate users with managed multi-user installations, but many of its most loyal users (and passionate proselytisers) are consultants, small business people and others with single licences who just want to be able to use the product without hassle on their desktop and laptop - and not at the same time.
(Edited)
Photo of Blair Young

Blair Young, Official Rep

• 42 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Hi Alex

We would have loved to but are unable to yet due to a technology limitation. This will improve as we move forward along the evolution path.

Cheers... Blair

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.