Mindmanager mac Version 12.0.161 - can't successfully load an HTML5 Interactive Map in a browser

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
I've just upgraded to MindManager 12 (v12.0.161) on MacOS Mojave.  When I create the most simple map, save it - then 'share' to create an html5 interactive map, I can load that map via safari browser with no problems.  When I make any change to the map, re-save it, re-create the html5 interactive map, then load it via safari - the hour glass just spins and spins and the file never completes loading.

I've tried this numerous times - and the behavior is repeatable.

Has anyone run into this?  What might be the issue?  Any work-arounds?

I've got a project deadline, and I'm now regretting making this upgrade.

Thanks in advance,
Mark
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Colin Horner

Colin Horner

• 146 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Hi Mark
I have just tried this in Chrome and Safari and I do not experience this at all - both browsers open the HTML file every time
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Colin,
   Thanks for testing this and letting me know what you've seen.  I've done more testing and found that if I make changes to my mmap file, I have to save it to a different filename.  Then I can 'share' an html interactive map that will load (I see the failure to load on: Safari, Chrome, and Firefox).

I also noticed that the size of the html files are ~30k different (the failing file is larger), when all I've done to alter the mmap is erase and replace one letter of an object on the map with the same letter.

For yet another data point, I re-installed version 11 and don't see this problem at all.

Puzzling.
Photo of Colin Horner

Colin Horner

• 146 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Hi Mark It is puzzling and frustrating - I agree.  I have just noticed a difference in our setups - I am still using OS High Sierra - Let's try something - send me a 1st change map same name and I will test if I can open
Photo of Mr-Tea

Mr-Tea

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Mark, thank you for posting!  I thought I was losing my mind.  I'm new to MM, I'm also on Macbook Pro - Mohave and MM v12 and I ran into this while trying to share a map with my manager after taking my first set of meeting notes in MM.  But I needed to make some updates and when I saved and recreated the export, the .html file won't open! 

I just tested your workaround and it worked!  I had to save the changes to a new file, and even when I exported to the original export name and overwrote the file, it opened just fine! 

I'm new to MindJet - I loved using MindNode for personal use but this is our corp. standard.
Photo of Colin Horner

Colin Horner

• 146 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Hi Guys I have been a Valued Added Reseller with Mindjet in South Africa for 20 years - If there is any help I can offer in use or applications for MindManager please reach out
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Colin,
   Unfortunately, I can't upload even the simplest html interactive map as it's over the upload limit of 2MB.  I have provided test cases to the MindJet's support team.

Another data point - when I revert back to using v11 - I don't see this problem.

-Mark