Mindmanager 2012 15-second startup delay (version 10.2.209)

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
I am running MindManager 2012, version 10.2.209, with Mindjet Connect NOT auto-enabled for signin.

The first (and only first) time I start MindManager (under Windows 7 Pro 64-bit) there is a 15-second pause in startup (the MindManager tool bars are displayed, but no initial document) ...before the default initial new map is displayed.

If I then exit MindManager, and then re-invoke MindManager, the program starts promptly ... and the initial default map is immediately displayed.

Note ... my boot disk is an SSD, and I am using a locally cached remote home directory folder. No other application exhibits this behaviors.

The 15-second delay suggests some form of network timeout ... attempting to access a network based resource that is not available. However, once the timeout occurs, MindManager "remembers" this condition, and does not try again.

I initially thought this was related to MindJet Connect, but MindJet connect is NOT configured to be used automatically on startup.

MindManager online help is NOT enabled.

Opening a "New" document is enabled on startup.

Update notification is NOT enabled.

Starting the Topic Alert service when Windows starts is NOT enabled.

Outlook Appointments synch is NOT enabled.

Add-ins enabled (only)
CSV Export
MS Powerpoint export
MS Word Export and Inport
Smart Map Parts
Sort Topics
Save as Web Pages
Browser
Web Services
Analytic Views Addin
Brainstorming Addin
MindManager Player Export
Power Markers
File Explorer

MindManager Explorer for Sharepoint is NOT enabled.

What is causing this 15-second startup delay on first invocation only?

Thanks,
Photo of David Baril

David Baril

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi David. Please contact our support team regarding the issue that you are currently experiencing. They will need to gather additional information regarding the issue as well as obtain your appropriate contact information. Please use this link: https://secure.mindjet.com/support/co... to open a ticket with our team. Thank you!
Photo of Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

• 348 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
David I agree this might be due to MindManager trying to connect to a server for one reason or another.

Even with things like Connect and Check for Updates un-checked I think there are other checks that are made when the application starts for the first time each day.

I have noticed this on MindManager 2012 and Mindjet 11 but it has only started in the last few months or so.

See this thread also: Slow Startup of the MindJet Program

Olympic Limited
MODi4Maps - "Do More with Mindjet"

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.