Mindmanager 2012, export to Microsoft Outlook as a task delete images in topic notes

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Hi all,
I'm using Mindmanager 2012 Professional.
I create a topic, with notes and screen captures in the notes.
I send this topic to Microsoft Outlook as a task.
The images (screen captures) are deleted (in Mindmanager) and not exported in Microsoft Outlook task !
I hope a fix.
Photo of Hervé LOXQ

Hervé LOXQ

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Terry Dalton

Terry Dalton

• 304 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Hi Hervé,

I would recommend opening a ticket with our Technical Services team to troubleshoot the issue. You can open a ticket using the following link https://secure.mindjet.com/app/suppor...
Photo of Hervé LOXQ

Hervé LOXQ

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Done.
Photo of Hervé LOXQ

Hervé LOXQ

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
The answer of the Technical Services team :

Dear Hervé,

Thank you for contacting Mindjet Support.

Certain items are changed or removed in both Outlook and in Mindjet during the sync, in order to avoid conflicts. Pictures will be removed from the topic notes when sending this topic from your Map to create an outlook task or appointment. This behaves actually as designed.

Your demand has also been forwarded to the Product management Team of Mindjet as Feature request.

Best regards,
Alain Bienvenu Leudjeu
Mindjet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand that, to avoid conflict, certains items are changed in Outlook, but how is it possible to justify an information lost, with this kind of explanation ?! It's just unthinkable.
Glad that I have noticed this bug so early, so I haven't lost anything, but I think that a lot of users that are using this fonctionality have already lost a lot of time because of this.
Photo of Hervé LOXQ

Hervé LOXQ

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
In addition to the first bug, I just realized that the links are not exported when you send a topic to Microsoft Outlook as a task.
So, for Mindjet, a link is a source of conflict !
In summary, the interaction from MindManager with other tools is reduced more and more.
Photo of Hervé LOXQ

Hervé LOXQ

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi,

The support team demands me to update to the latest build.
So I have setup the latest Build of MindManager 2012 for Windows (Build 10.2.404), and now, images in topic notes are no more deleted in the map when sending the topic to MS OUTLOOK as Task.

But the hyperlinks in notes are still modified.

Regards