MindManager 2012 hanging up on startup

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Despite multiple restarts, MindManager 2012 hangs up on starting, and cannot even be closed manually through the Windows Task Manager. FYI, I'm having the same problem at the moment with Firefox, though Firefox does not even load enough into memory to display anything (only loads up to about 5MB into memory). MM2012 actually asks if I want to restore some mindmaps, but then hangs up, whether I restore them or not.

I'm using 64 bit Windows 7.
Photo of Jason Matyas

Jason Matyas

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Jason. Thank you for your post. I have opened a support ticket on your behalf. Someone from our team will be reaching out to you regarding this.
Photo of Jason Matyas

Jason Matyas

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thanks for the reply. I've got it working again now. I'm not sure what fixed it, but I think it had something to do with an IE9 upgrade. Although I have been using IE9 for a while now, I recently downgraded to IE8 try to fix a login problem with another web service, and the problems with MM2012 and FF hanging up on launch started after an automatic IE9/reboot overnight. I downgraded again, and while it didn't get fixed right away, after a number of restarts, it started working again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.