MindManager 2012 Outlook 2010 Category Color problems

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Outlook tasks and appointments display in MindManger with the category colors assigned in Outlook. Suddenly the tasks and appointments in my Mindmanager installation have taken on different although consistent colors, when synchronized, that do not match the colors in Outlook. A given map will have tasks and appointments all of a color that does match and then all new tasks and appointments or those resynchronized will have a different color that does not match. This now is the case in all of my maps. What happened?
Photo of Robert Khlopin

Robert Khlopin

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 886 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes
Are the colours yellow and/or pink?

If so, then MindManager has applied the default At Risk and Past Due colours to the tasks respectively, overriding the Outlook category colours. The yellow colour indicates that the task is at risk of not being completed in the remaining time ( for example the task is only half compete but more than 75% of the time allocated to the task is gone). The red colour indicates that the task is overdue and incomplete.

If MindManager is applying other colours then I'm not sure what is going on. The only other thing I can think of (which is a long shot) is that for some reason you have set up categories on the map with the same names but different colours to those you have used in Outlook; when the tasks are synced MindManager is picking up the Outlook categories but applying its own colours and overriding the Outlook ones.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.