MindManager 2012 window doesn't maximize properly

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
I'm running MindManager 2012 on Windows 7, with dual 1680x1050 monitors. When I try to maximize the MM window on either monitor, the window stops short of the top by about the width of the title bar, and the status bar extends off the bottom of the screen.
Photo of pmcdonald

pmcdonald

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Would you be able to send me a screen shot? That would be helpful. Thank you!
Photo of pmcdonald

pmcdonald

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sure -- sorry, should've though of that. At first I thought maybe it was due to the security banner at the top of the screen, but other apps butt up against it just fine (as seen with Outlook behind the MM window).

Thanks for the quick reply!

Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1033 Posts
  • 177 Reply Likes
MindManger and extended monitors don't work well for me either.

Pop up menus appear on the other monitor when MindManager is on the secondary monitor.

When MindManager is on the secondary monitor, you have to minimise to see other windows on that monitor. Alt-tab does not work, MindManager always remains in the foreground.

MindManager is one of the few apps on my PC that does not work with UltraMon e.g. no buttons in Window tool bar.

Do you have any of these experiences as well?
Photo of pmcdonald

pmcdonald

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Andrew: I haven't experienced what you've described above -- though, I haven't tried to do it on purpose, either. Will give it a shot and let you know what I find.
Photo of Nick Duffill

Nick Duffill, Champion

• 511 Posts
  • 170 Reply Likes
Alt+tab works OK for me when MindManager is on the secondary monitory, whether maximised or not. But mouseover pop-ups (e.g. map marker legends) still appear on the primary monitor.
Photo of Nick Duffill

Nick Duffill, Champion

• 511 Posts
  • 170 Reply Likes
I can also confirm that MindManager does not maximise properly on my dual display setup. When maximised, it has the appearance of a resizeable window which has been resized to almost fit into the display. The window border is still visible, although the Maximise button has been replaced with the Restore Down button. MindManager maximises properly on the secondary display, while by comparison, Microsoft Word maximises properly on both.

I note in pmcdonald's screen shot above that the Maximise button is still active and has not been replaced with the Restore Down button, which might be a clue.
Photo of pmcdonald

pmcdonald

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No problems with Alt-Tab (or Windows-Tab) here.

Nick Duffill, after your comment re: the Restore Down button, I panicked and went back to check. It is the Restore Down button that is active, and not Maximize. I think my decision initially to go with a full screen capture may have resulted in less-than-optimal viewing, which I will attempt to fix below.
Photo of pmcdonald

pmcdonald

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
New screenshot (hopefully this is view-able without zoomhancement...)

Photo of Nick Duffill

Nick Duffill, Champion

• 512 Posts
  • 170 Reply Likes
OK thanks - it is the restore down button and not the maximise button, same as mine. They look similar at low resolution, so sorry for the confusion. The window border is also visible in the first screen shot.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.