MindManager 2012 Won't Start on Windows 8.1 Preview

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I had MindManager 2012 running on Windows 8, but it does not even start on the Windows 8.1 Preview (only App that doesn't run for me so far). What do I need to do - the normal compatibility mode settings and running as administrator don't work!
Photo of Colin Masson

Colin Masson

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Terry Dalton

Terry Dalton

• 304 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Hi Colin,

In speaking with a few of the engineers, they indicate you may need to install .NET Framework 3.5 for the product to function correctly. If you continue to have issues, I would recommend that you open a ticket with our Technical Support team using the following link https://secure.mindjet.com/app/suppor...
Photo of Colin Masson

Colin Masson

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks that worked!

Now if only there was a full touch optimized version of MindManager for Windows 8, I'd upgrade :)
Photo of Valentine Savchenko

Valentine Savchenko

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Guys, i can not even install Mind Jet on my windows 8.1 , always getting error 1152 , can not install to the temporary location
Photo of Terry Dalton

Terry Dalton

• 304 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Hi Valentine, 1152 is a Microsoft Extraction Error (per my investigation). I have never seen this issue before but then again, I haven't seen Windows 8.1 yet either. It may be something that we will have to address before the official release of Windows 8.1 is available in October. We will officially be supporting Windows 8.1 upon it;'s official release.