Mindmanager 9 for Mac taking 100% CPU only when typing

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Hi there,

On at least one of my mindmaps I am finding that whenever I type into a topic, the CPU jumps to 100% as shown my the "Activity Monitor" utility built into OSX. As soon as I stop typing the CPU level drops down to below 1% again. When I type the screen updates perhaps 1-2 characters per second on the screen. I can often type out whole nodes and push enter and then wait for it to complete what I've written on the screen while I take a drink. The issues doesn't happen with all of my maps. I can two finger scroll around the map at normal speeds. Moving topics and whole branches from one place to another is getting slower than I would normally expect.

I am using the latest version of Mindmanager 9 for Mac on a 2011 Macbook Air with 4GB of RAM and a 1.6GHz Core i5 with the latest version of Mountain Lion.

I have found through the forums the following topic that suggests that I move or rename a file called "MindManager.mdimporter"

https://community.mindjet.com/mindjet...

Any advice welcome please as it's getting very slow to work.
Photo of PaddyPatPat

PaddyPatPat

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • slowly getting frustrated.

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of PaddyPatPat

PaddyPatPat

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It seems that most keyboard actions, like moving between topics with the arrow keys, or using the delete key to remove a topic or branch are also slow. Moving within a node using the arrow keys, after its caught up from any typing, is as fast as would be expected.

Using "Activity Monitor"

Memory Size: 189.4 MB
Virtual Memory Size: 1.11 GB
Shared Memory Size: 64.0 MB
Private Memory Size: 132.4 MB
Virtual Private Memory: 228.6 MB

I copied it into Word and it's stats told me that I have 447 paragraphs with a total of 4359 words.

Perhaps this map is just too big for this computer? At the same time I quite often had 8+ mindmaps open on my 5 year old Windows 7 desktop with a quad core 2.4GHz and 6GB of ram and Mindmanager 2012. They were spread out over 4x 24" screens and everything worked really well. I've only got one map open at the moment and a the couple of other applications that I need to talk to you and crashplan and dropbox updating in the background.
Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Thank you for your inquiry. I have opened a support ticket on your behalf. Someone from our team will be reaching out to you regarding this issue. Thank you!
Photo of PaddyPatPat

PaddyPatPat

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for your help Juan and Brittney

Problem solved and all is working well again.

Thanks!

Patrick
Photo of Jason Cope

Jason Cope

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What was the solution to the problem? It would be beneficial to post that here.
Photo of Jason Cope

Jason Cope

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What was the solution to the problem? It would be beneficial to post that here.
I am having the same problem, except it is occurring for me when I type into a Topic box. WHen I hit tab or enter or try to click out of the box, I get the roling beach ball and the CPU goes to 100% and I have to force quit the application. I thought it might just be the version (Mindjet_MindManager_Mac_9.6.510) on Mountain Lion (most updated version). So I downloaded the new version v10, and get the exact same result.

Please help!
Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Jason. In order to best assist you, I would recommend opening a ticket with our support team. They will need to gather additional information regarding the issue that you are currently experiencing as well as obtain your appropriate contact information. Please use this link: https://secure.mindjet.com/support/co... to open a ticket with our team. Thank you!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.