mindmanger 2018 and online accounts?

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
I just bought MindMnager and it seems like a cool tool.  one of the reason I picked it up was there appeared to be apps and a web based tool as well.  there doesn't seems to be any connection between my Mindmanager 2018 client account and the online experience. If I do things in MM2018 like hit the tasks button, it takes me to the web and when i login can i sync tasks, but I can;t create projects.  it's all really confusing.  Noting I publish show up in
Photo of mark

mark

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
Yes, the cloud and mobile options are currently not being promoted by Mindjet as they're working on getting the HTML5-export to 100% and then use this canvas to improve the Windows/Mac/Mobile/Cloud feature parity.

However, when you enable Mindjet Files and Tasks (see screenshot below) you should be able to sync tasks and store maps in the cloud using a free account. There's currently no way to upgrade your free 'tasks account' to a paid version which also allows the creation of projects and subfolders.

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1233 Posts
  • 181 Reply Likes
Well Mindjet has changed her Online strategy many times the past few years. Even an experienced user, trainer and reseller can be confused. E.G Mindjet purchased a fantastic tool called Cohuman, but after some time it has disappeared again. A shame since I loved it a lot and even use the old PPT presentation in my classes to explain how tools should and can help in Projectmanagement.

Lets hope that the next months some clarification comes to us on what to expect, what it can do, why the others were not good enough and all the common questions any customer like you may have.
Maybe Matthieu is right about the future, although there has not been an official announcement to the market audience about it. This means that anything can change at anytime until it's official.
(Edited)
Photo of Jim AK

Jim AK

• 75 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
There doesn't seem to be a strategy, which is why I let my Mindjet Web subscription elapse last year.