MM 16 conected to Outlook. All Task, Calender etc were viewed in MM. We upgraded Office to Office 365 (2016) and now it's extremly slow!

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago

We upgraded to Office 365 (2016) 32 bit and the Connection between MM (2016) and Outlook is extremely slow. It's both 32-bit software. Previously it took less than 60 s for updating but after the upgrade it takes about 15 minutes.

We had 64-bit software previously on our computers, but needed to downgrade to 32-bit to get Outlook working with Lync/Skype etc.

Ideas to get this working well again?

Photo of Håkan

Håkan

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Benedikt

Benedikt

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Suffer the same problem. Are there any solution yet?
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 116 Reply Likes
Though there might be some impact when switchting from 64-bit to 32-bit, it shouldn't be this big...

When you talk about 'updating', is this updating existing linked topics in your map? Or is is about creating new queries to add to your map?
Photo of Benedikt

Benedikt

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
There is no difference between 32 and 64 bit. I have tested it on two different workstations. My issue is related to slow queries. It takes a very long time to get the result set. I'm using exchange and the windows default firewall and sophos anti virus. Any idea what can be changed?
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 116 Reply Likes
OK, could you let me know if this is about one of the built-in queries or about a custom query? This way I can try to replicate this behaviour?
Photo of Håkan

Håkan

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
We updated the Server R2 software to current level and the speed is back!
Photo of Benedikt

Benedikt

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for this information, Hakan. Unfortunately I can't change the Server software as it is the exchange system run by my university/data center. 
Maybe as an additional information. The outlook - mindmanger connection (outlook addin) is much faster than the query builder in Mindmanager. I use the default queries like getting the task for today.