MM 2015 product support

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
Does product support for MM 2015 even exist?
I wrote long letters with questions several times. Technical issues and usage questions. - No responce as such.
Last week I was lucky and got a responce. I couldn't export to PDF. The guy said I had to reinstall my MM15. Perfect. Do I need tech support for such an advice? But I reinstalled. The problem remained unresolved. And I reported on this to the guy. Who responded before, but stopped responding once he got that reintallation didn't lead anywhere.
And then then he disappeared.
But I had a chanse to attract techteam attention to my case by giving unsatisfactory feedback. Which I did. No reaction despite I gave my apporval for direct contact from customer support or tech team.
What's going on? I hold the liscense for more then 2 years now. And don't get support that I used to get before the acquisition. I doubt that things should be like this. I would expect certain improvement with the acquisition - not the opposite.
I use to recommend MM to everyone around. And now I can't. Now I myself can't get all the answers I need and basic tech support. And I feel guilty infront of the people I recommended MM to. They face the same issue.

Is this situation common? Or it's just me who doesn't get proper attention?
Anyone else missing tech support for MM15?
Photo of Ksenia

Ksenia

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • lost

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1303 Posts
  • 197 Reply Likes
Well.... we all moved to MM 2017, so we don't recognize your issue.

Please send your request to customer.support@mindjet.com and mention what is not working
(Edited)
Photo of Ksenia

Ksenia

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
But this is MM15 disscussion thead isn't it?
Photo of Ksenia

Ksenia

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Anyway. Regardless 2017.
2015 product version should be supported fore it is paied for. Am I not right?
Photo of Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

• 348 Posts
  • 134 Reply Likes
MindManager 15 is still officially supported according to the Product Lifecycle Policy
https://www.mindjet.com/support-info/product-lifecycle-policy/

However, it will probably be retired later this year looking at the previous retirement dates.

Static export to PDF was removed in MindManager 14. There is a simple alternative by way of an image export to PDF offered in our add-in MAP for MindManager. There is more on this here: https://www.olympic-limited.co.uk/mindmanager-add-ins/map-for-mindmanager/exports/

Hope this helps.
Regards
Nigel

Check out quality MindManager addins at https://www.olympic-limited.co.uk
Photo of Ksenia

Ksenia

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks, Nigel.
It's just that I did export from MM15 into dynamic PDF. So the option could not've been removed neither in 14, not in 15. Othewise it would have been some sort of miracle - the fact that I exported my documents.

That's why I have a question where did my export option go.
It's IN THE MENUE but not working for 3 months or so.

I was thinking about upgrading to MM17, but if PDF export is impossible - how can I do it? I work with PDF format. And I need MM export to dynamic PDF.

I also need my maps printed out.
Can this be even done in MM17? Anyone?

If not - it's a total disaster.
Photo of Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

• 348 Posts
  • 134 Reply Likes
Ksenia,

Apologies, I was referring to the static PDF export, not the interactive one.

Nigel
Photo of Ksenia

Ksenia

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I see...
Anyway, Nigel. If you see someone who can talk to a potential upgrader and answer multiple questions - please, say a couple of words for me infront of that misterious person;)

I'd be grateful.