MM 2018 hang with CPU 25% CPU on 4-kernel if first editing and then right click on a link to a web page and crash if doing anything

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
MM 2018 last version is stuck with 25% CPU (100% of kernel) after first editing something and then keep mouse over a link either entered with Ctrl-K or inserted a link in title.
Afterwards nothing happens at all, and if I try to click on the map, MM crash and nothing is saved too often, so what changed is lost very often.

The map has about 200-150 nodes in the tree, all with many links to we pages, more of them representing predefined search themes for either Pubmed like "https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Searchterm" or Google search with same search terms

If starting hoovering without editing, everything goes ok and I can edit the link/links in the inserted item but otherwise when hoovering program stops and seem to wait for something hidden.

Some hanging variables not correctly initialised when trying hoovering wrongly initialized after editing the topic?

Photo of Alf Christophersen

Alf Christophersen

• 52 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of David Walsh

David Walsh, Official Rep

• 133 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Alf,

Sorry this issue is happening. Did this just start to occur? Can you confirm you are running (Build 18.2.109) and what bit rate you have installed.
Was it running ok and then the problem just started?

You can try the following to see it improves the situation. Please save your work and close out Mindjet then go to the Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features
select the Mindjet program and run a repair. See if the situation has improved. If not please email us at customer.support@mindjet.com
it would be helpful to get an event log along with your operating system and any other information you can provide on reproducing the issue. 

I hope the above helps
Thanks
Mindjet Support