MM Android Dropbox support after 27JUN2017

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
I just installed Mindmanager for Android on my new phone, and upon connecting it to my Dropbox, I got a warning.
Apparently Dropbox is changing after 27JUN2017, and this may cause MM Android to no longer work. Mindjet has been given a heads-up, but hasn't replied.
Have the changes to Dropbox been evaluated, to make sure the app will continue to work?

Best regards,

Jarno.

PS.
I am an enthousiastic user of Mindjet Mindmanager, for about 8 years now, and have converted a lot of my colleagues (R&D, so visually orientated I suppose :-) ). I really like the program, and the fact synchronisation on my Android devices using Dropbox is so effortless. I hope it'll continue to be supported.
Photo of J.Verhoeven

J.Verhoeven

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Unsure

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 116 Reply Likes
Unfortunately, I don't think there are any plans to release a new Android app before that date.

Judging from this blogpost about the change I think the link between MindManger for Android and Dropbox will be gone soon in the current version of the app: https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2016/06/api-v1-deprecated/
Photo of J.Verhoeven

J.Verhoeven

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
To bad, because that was one of the things that were awesome about MindManager, start making minutes of a meeting at work on my laptop, add to them when in another meeting on my phone, review them in the evening on my PC at home. Fantastic integration.
Had a lot of trouble with the "smart" PDF export. A lot of times, the recipients couldn't properly open the files. But regular PDF was fine, as well as export to a picture or text. 

Keen on finding out what the future holds for MindManager.