MM windows to mac 2018

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
I no longer can use MM on my windows PC. Is it possible to use MM 2018 keys of Windows to a Mac?
Photo of Mohan Hiremath

Mohan Hiremath

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1873 Posts
  • 332 Reply Likes
Only if you have installed Parallels on your Mac.

• 1873 Posts
  • 332 Reply Likes
Or you purchase the brand new MindManager for Mac vs 13. Almost the same functionality as MM for Windows plus some Mac extra facilities.

Or.. your company has MindManager Enterprise. If so, they should have the yearly MSA subscription and you should have had MM Windows vs 2020 already and they can provide you with the latest MM for Mac vs 13 key.
Photo of Blair Young

Blair Young, Official Rep

• 43 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Hello Mohan

Ary is correct. The Windows and the Mac versions are sold as separate products and for the keys are also separate. You cannot use one on the other.

If you are using this as part of a enterprise licence, your IT Admin can help you out. Otherwise you would need to buy a new licence.

Cheers... Blair
Photo of Mohan Hiremath

Mohan Hiremath

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It is a personal copy. And, I will be running MM on Mac exclusively. Is it still the case that I have to  shell out bucks to get a Mac license even though I won't be using MM on Windows?

• 1873 Posts
  • 332 Reply Likes
Yes.... ofcourse.
Photo of Mohan Hiremath

Mohan Hiremath

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Oops. This is an expensive gig. Thank you for your inputs, I will seek open source software and call it a loss.