MM16 Best practices - Exporting to Microsoft Word or PPT

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
I am working on with the IT Annual Work Plan from the "Maps for That" technology folder.

As I document the "as-is" state of the IT Infrastructure & Service Catalog, I am using one map per detailed process flow, and then linking the detailed maps to the overarching plan as the Help documentation advises.

My end goal is is to generate a printable Word doc or PPT presentation which includes all the linked maps which I have created.  Thus far, the output simply includes the link icon, not the actual process flow or, for example, the images (visio) of the data cabinets and data models.

Any advice???

Thank you!

David Lindstrom
IT Metamorphosis
Photo of David G Lindstrom

David G Lindstrom

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • great!

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 832 Posts
  • 210 Reply Likes

I'm not an expert in this area and I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, but have a look at the response I posted a few minutes ago in relation to a query about using MM slide images in PowerPoint. To paraphrase, you have two options, assuming you want to use MM slide images in your documentation:

1. The MAP for MindManager add-in from Olympic Limited. This does a good job though the resulting slides are not the highest resolution; or
  2. "Print" the slides from within MM using a third-party image printer to produce JPGs of each slide which can then be imported into PowerPoint using the latter's Photo Album facility (or as individual slides). I describe the process here - it's a bit fiddly but results in slides with higher quality images.

The first option also allows you to export to Word as well as PP within the add-in. However the second option may be the best as it may be slightly easier to "print" an image of each map and each phase of the process. In addition you could use the same image printing technique to print aspects of the map without generating slides - for example, you could print an image of a single branch, or floating topics, which don't show up in slides. You can of course use these images in Word as well as PP.

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1237 Posts
  • 182 Reply Likes
Have you explored the options with linked maps under the view tab => document views (used to be multimaps)

There you can combine maps and export them in one go.

Maybe this function may help you on your way.