MM2012 crashes when trying to send topic to word

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
When I try sending a topic to word ( through right click/ send to word) MM2012 keeps crashing. I have the identical problem on anther computer. The main export to word (through file/ export) works fine. Any ideas out there as function is really useful to me.
Photo of Nigel Jacobs

Nigel Jacobs

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 178 Reply Likes
That you can do the main export seems to rule out using MIndManager with Office 64 bit as a problem?

Send to Word works for me on Windows 7 64 bit, Office 10 32 bit and v10.0.493 of MindManager.

You could run Office then MindManager repair in the Control Panel > Programs and Features
Photo of Nigel Jacobs

Nigel Jacobs

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Andrew. I have tried both repair on MM and Word and full re-install on both, but it is still a problem.
Photo of Nigel Jacobs

Nigel Jacobs

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have 32bit Word 2010, but am updating to v10.0.493 of MM to see if that helps.
Photo of Nigel Jacobs

Nigel Jacobs

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Which it didn't- same problem persists, sadly
Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
I see that you had opened a support ticket a couple of weeks back regarding this issue. I have personally reached out to our support team in EMEA. Someone will be following up with you regarding this.
Photo of Nigel Jacobs

Nigel Jacobs

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Brittney, that will be good
Photo of Nigel Jacobs

Nigel Jacobs

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Britney,
I heard from someone and replied to him 5 days ago but all has gone quiet since then.

Anyone else out there got any ideas? I want to use MM to carry all of my research data but don't want to go down that route if is going to prove to be unreliable.

Shame as potentially it is a great data analysis tool now that it has power markers to combine with tags and filters.

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
I have followed up with our team regarding this. Someone will be checking back in with you. Thank you for your patience Nigel.
Photo of Nigel Jacobs

Nigel Jacobs

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks. I don't know if anyone at Mindjet is interested but I believe that ( if fully working :) ) MM is a perfect tool for doing qualitative research. I can find no examples of this but imagine others have used it for this purpose. It seems that it will be great for doing literature searches as well as analysing data, line by line. I intend to use if for my current Doctorate, if we can resolve this. If so might be worth writing an article later on, as I am sure there are many students who would benefit from this way of doing research.
Photo of Nigel Jacobs

Nigel Jacobs

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
this response seems to have gone very quiet. Am I to assume I am alone with this now Brittney?

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Nigel. Thank you for the follow up. I assure you that you are not alone with this now. This case has been escalated and our team is working on reproducing the issue. Someone will be in contact with you from our EMEA technical support team.
Photo of Nigel Jacobs

Nigel Jacobs

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Still feeling alone with this problem. Guess it's time to move on and accept that it is a bug with MM...
Photo of Daniel Prieto

Daniel Prieto

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there a way to recover the MM file data? The crashing corrupted the already saved file and a lot of information was lost. I still have the temporary files.

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Daniel. Please open a ticket with our support team. They will need to gather additional information regarding the issue that you are currently experiencing as well as obtain a copy of the map that you are experiencing issues with. Please use this link: https://secure.mindjet.com/support/co... to open a ticket with our team. Thank you!
Photo of Nigel Jacobs

Nigel Jacobs

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Still alone with this Britney...

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Nigel. Could you please send me a copy of the map that is giving you issues? I will send you an email shortly with my contact information. If you could then send me the map, we could troubleshoot it on our end. Thank you!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.