MM2015 Export to PDF Broken vs MM2014 v14.3.192

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
I have just installed MM15 and still have MM14 on my Dell PC. MM14.3.192 converts my map to  pdf no problems but mm15 is comming up with

- You don't have permission to create the output file
- The map is too large
- A system component is unavailable
- The filename contains invalid characters

Looks like somethings changed for the worse in this area.
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • let down

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jon Buttery

Jon Buttery

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have exactly the same problem and get the same error message when trying to create a viewer PDF.

Also - can you still create a static PDF as you could in MM12?

Jon
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1455 Posts
  • 219 Reply Likes
The Static PDF export has been removed since MM14 (i believe it had to do with fee's)
A Quick solution - and free-  is here:

http://necsus.com/mindmanager-add-ins/export2pdf/
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 375 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi All, 

With the release of MindManager 15, we are now offering both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the application. the 64-bit version of MindManager requires 64-bit Java to be installed in order to export to the Mindjet Viewer Format. 

To download the 64-bit version of Java, please go here: https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

After installing Java, restart MindManager and there should be no issues with exporting. 
Photo of Flavius Galiber

Flavius Galiber

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have installed the 32-bit versions of MindManager 15 and Java installed and I still have this problem. This feature worked fine for me in MM14.x.

According to the release notes for MM15.1, the problem may not have been fixed.

I saw that you can work around this problem by running MM15 as Administrator. Unfortunately, my company does not allow employees to have administrative privileges on company workstations. Do you have any other ideas for work-arounds?
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 375 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Flavius, 

Which version of Java is installed on your system? We require version 7 or higher. You may need to re-install Java and then remove the older versions. 
Photo of Flavius Galiber

Flavius Galiber

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ah ha! That was it. I upgraded from 6 to 7 and the export feature worked fine. Many thanks!!!
Photo of Bobby Kingsberry

Bobby Kingsberry

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having this same issue. Both MM15 and Java 8 update 51 are 64bit. Please help.