MM2020 Undo function in a Co-Edit session is a must

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress
I hope I'm wrong but it seems there is no way to undo an error in a Co-Edit session. Whole branches can be deleted accidentally with the only recovery (I can find) being to not accept the changes back into the main document.

I have a subscription to allow me to share and edit session, but I'm not sure the solution is ready.
Photo of Stephen Little

Stephen Little

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • Frustrated

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 147 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the feedback. Undo in a map based co-editing session is a complicated concept since your undo action might remove the parent of topics that someone else is editing. Our original undo concept was to have everyone able to undo all user's changes in order which meant that another co-editor might undo your changes, but this was causing confusion so we decided to work on a better solution. 

We are currently working on adding undo functionality that will allow each user to undo only their own changes, and if their undo commands cause changes in the structure, we are adding logic to automatically move affected topics to a new location that makes sense. We hope this will provide the best undo experience for co-editing users.

I can't give you an exact date for this update, but it's a priority one task that is being worked on now and will be available soon. It will be an update to our co-editing platform, so getting the update will not require updating the MindManger desktop application.
Photo of Stephen Little

Stephen Little

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks, this is a reassuring response.