MM8/MM9 and MM2012 installed on the same computer?

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

I work as an consultant and have one important customer who is still using MM8 and Catalyst, and use it a lot. Therefore I ́m also using MM8 on one computer. I can upgrade this installation to MM9 without losing connectivity tp Catalyst.

My question now is if I can install MM2012 on this computer, that is have both MM8/MM9 and MM2012 installed. For the importand customer I will use MM8/MM9+Catalyst and for the other customer I will use MM2012+Connect

I ́ve W7, Office2007.

Best regards
/bjorn
Photo of Bjorn Eriksson

Bjorn Eriksson

• 199 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

• 352 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
Same for me. I have 6, 7, 8, 9, and 2012 on a WIn 7 system with Office 2010.

One thing to note though is the last activley installed version becomes the default for the file type.. So if you select to open a map from Explorer of an email then that is the version that will open.
Photo of Bjorn Eriksson

Bjorn Eriksson

• 199 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Sounds good.

How does it work with integration with e.g. Outlook? Do you have different buttons for sending to MM8, MM9 etc?
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
Same as Nigel stated last installed is the one integrated with MS Office.

However I think you can Control Panel repair another version and it will take "control"

Only one version can be thactive sync, export and default file type.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.