MM 2012 for Win- Save problems on network drive.

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
I have Mindjet MindManager 2012 for Windows Version: 10.1.459.
I am expereiencing problem when saving mmap file from network drive.
it takes at least more than a minute before MM saves the file and start responding.
I thought this issue was resolved in latest version. What is the story. i was hoping to introduce MM to my whole team, but now I am doubting whether I should do that with this kind of experience.
Any fixes/work around anyone knows about?

Photo of av121

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Mindjet has introduced a workaround to address delays seen in saving to a network drive in MindManager 10.1.459 or later. This workaround is only recommended for users that do not utilize Microsoft SharePoint DMS or WebDAV for storage.

To implement the workaround:

While logged in as Administrator

1. Start Menu > Run/Open > Regedit

2. Within Regedit, Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mindjet\MindManager\10\Settings\EnableDmsSupport

3. Edit EnableDmsSupport (REG_DWORD) and change the "Value data" to 0 and click OK.

4. File > Exit

5. Close and Reopen MindManager for the changes to take effect.

Please note: After implementing this workaround, DMS will be disabled and you will not be able to use webDAV or SharePoint Check Out/Check In functionality when accessing a file in MindManager. To directly access a file in SharePoint or WebDAV in MindManager you will need to map a drive to the full UNC (\\ComputerName\SharedFolder\...) which will allow you to Open and Save files to that location without SharePoint DMS or WebDAV functionality.
Photo of av121

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Brittney.
It has solved the problem.
Why is this solution not widely published?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.