MM 2012 Gantt Chart Improvements

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
In MM 2012 it would be a good idea to be able to change the Gantt chart text font, fills and background colours.

Makes it easier to cut and paste the timeline into proposals using snagit while maintaining the look at feel of the target proposal!
Photo of Roger Ord

Roger Ord

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Holger Schiffers

Holger Schiffers

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Hello,
yeah. I need these functionalities too, to get some better layout of the Gantt Chart.
I want to avoid to use MS Project - its too much for me.
In the first step perhaps only creating on the screen with additionally screenshot functionalities and in the second development step printing the coloured chart.
It ́s a wish.
Photo of Dick Halverson

Dick Halverson

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
New version does not address this. The overall functionality is still half as was found in JVCGantt. Very disappointing.
Photo of benoit.leprettre

benoit.leprettre

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Yeah, just tried the new version (Mindjet 11): no progress on Gantt Chart. You still get a bunch of gray bars. Becomes unreadable for more than a couple of tasks and sub-tasks.

The least feature I would expect is to be able to apply the color of the related subject map subject to each Gantt Chart's bar. Full customization would be even greater, but some customization shoudl have been implemented long ago, already.

Very disappointed too, won't buy the update.
Photo of Tracie J Hall

Tracie J Hall

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I am very frustrated with the Gantt chart and the tasks. I ordered this for my team with the understanding that we'd be able to use this as a substitute for MSProject--but that is truly not the case. Dependencies don't work properly--if we make a change to one independent task, it doesn't change the others. VERY frustrating...will have to find another solution and will not be updating this product.
Photo of Chris Patch

Chris Patch

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm going to throw my hat in here. The gantt chart is terrible, there's no way I can even keep basic info on the screen unless I print to a larger paper and then reshrink it down. There should at least be scaling. This is a large part of why I bought a subscription and it looks like it was done with a free web app..