Most of my MindMap suddenly disappeared!!!

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
I worked for three hours on a MindMap and suddenly all but one topic disappeared from the map - there is a funky little screen icon to the bottom right of the topic. I think I may have clicked on it before this happened. But now it does nothing. HELP!!!! The topic is not even the central topic ... dazed and confused! 

Photo of Andrew  Szabo

Andrew Szabo

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Confused and exasperated!

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1179 Posts
  • 296 Reply Likes
I haven't used the Mac version of MindManager, but that symbol in the bottom right corner indicates that you have created a presentation slide, and you may also have switched to slide show. This means that the slide image is the only thing you can see and if you are in slide show this image has filled the screen and the MM ribbon and toolbar will have disappeared.

If this is the case the rest of the map has simply been hidden from view. If you are actually in the slide show there should be a close icon somewhere - simply click on that (or click Escape) and the MM ribbon and toolbar should reappear (at least that's the way it works in the Windows version). 

You will probably now be looking at a smaller version of the slide, but the rest of the map may still not be visible. If it's anything like the Windows version there should be a Presentation tab on the ribbon (probably under View) with an option to Show Map; clicking on this will restore the map view with thumbnail images of the slides on the left. There should also be an option to Delete all Slides - again, this is how it works in Windows but the Mac version should be similar.
(Edited)