Moving files between iOS Mindjet and online Connect Free

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

I cannot seem to transfer maps from my iOS mindjet app and my online Connect account. And when I edit on the iOS app a map saved on my Connect account, it makes me save a local copy instead of editing the online version. I am using iOS 5.0.1 on an iPod Touch 4G, and the most up-to-date version of the app.

As I look thru the help files, I guess this is normal, but is there someway to get the copy on my ipod back up to the cloud?
Photo of psyberduck

psyberduck

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • Harumph!

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
With the current functionality of the iPad app, uploading/saving maps from the iPad directly into Connect is not possible. However, it is on the roadmap for releases coming up in the near future, so keep an eye out for it!
Photo of Robert Jackson

Robert Jackson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
When does the roadmap predict a release with this functionality? I created a map on the local iPad folder and I need to share it. Will I need to recreate it in the Connect cloud?

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
Our most recent iPhone/iPad application addresses the Connect issue. You will be able to make changes and save your maps back to Connect. Users can now have complete round tripping of maps between Mobile iOS and Connect.
Photo of livegreater

livegreater

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How to do this? Help!!

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
If your map is saved in the root folder on your device, you can select the book like icon in the upper left hand corner. When you see all of the maps in your root folder, you can select edit. Select the map that you wish to save back to Connect and change the location of that map. Click on Use this Folder followed by Done. I hope this helps!
Photo of Robert Millar

Robert Millar

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Brittney, do you mean to say that work done on the iPad app cannot be saved? The iPad app is just for viewing maps only?

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
Hi Robert. You can create maps and save them on the iPad application. We just released an update that allows you to open maps from Mindjet Connect, make edits and save them back to Connect. Users can now have complete round tripping of maps between Mobile iOS and Connect. I hope that this helps answer your question.
Photo of Events-Ticketing.com FAQs

Events-Ticketing.com FAQs

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, I just installed the iPad application for the first time, and it sort of works. I can add topics, save them, and have them appear in my desktop Connect instance. Cool, but pretty standard.

The 2 main maps I use in Connect, however, are locked in the iPad app, even with them closed and Connect exited on my PC. So what special steps must be taken to unlock maps before they can be used on the iPad?

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
I would recommend trying to open both of those maps on you desktop computer. From there log out of Connect and then try to access them on the iPad application. If this does not work, please let me know. Thank you.
Photo of Robert Millar

Robert Millar

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That did the trick, Brittney. Thanks very much.
Photo of livegreater

livegreater

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Dear Brittney,
but is there any way for heavy users not having to do the above "log out" step every time for syncing the maps between devices?
(How to have real time cloud sync?)

thank you~!

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
You can be logged in on multiple devices. However, if you have opened a map on your desktop computer and then decide to open the same map on your iPad, the map will be locked on your iPad until you navigate out of that map on your desktop computer.
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 181 Reply Likes
From the iPad I can see my folders on Connect and create new maps which are stored there. I can also edit maps created on Connect.

I can move maps between folders on Connect Business but not local iPad files or Connect Free. Looks like I would have to email the latter two and then upload to Connect.

I can also edit my maps in the Mindjet Dropbox folder. I discovered a trick. .xmmap files have to be converted prior to opening and editing on the iPad. You are asked where you want to store the converted files, which can be in any of your accessible folders.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.