Multiple monitor usage in MM 2016

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
Glad to see multiple monitor options, which folks have been requesting for years.

But the automatic dimming seems inappropriate. If two maps are split on the same monitor, I could understand the dimming. But the point of using multiple screens is to see multiple maps. There's a lag switching between maps, which is a bit annoying, but I doubt that's easy to change. But I bet the dimming could be turned off easily.  Thanks for considering this.
Photo of Jerry Kang

Jerry Kang

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 872 Posts
  • 220 Reply Likes
I agree, plus it would be good if the format painter worked when going from one screen to another and if the ribbon and QAT appeared on both screens.
Photo of Rostislav Psota

Rostislav Psota

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Possibility to work with two maps on two displays was a point to upgrade. To dim second screen is for sure remaining from the past versions and somebody simply didn't finish the idea. Pity. My workaround is that I kept Mindmanager 15 next to 16 if I want to work on two files, I open second using 15 version. It is weird to be forced to work such a way....

Photo of Jerry Kang

Jerry Kang

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The problem with keeping 15 and 16 open is that you can't really cut and paste between maps.  Pasting always produces a link back to the original map. Can't actually move topics (except text only by pasting formatted text). But that means attachments, notes, icons, all lost. Sigh.
Photo of Rostislav Psota

Rostislav Psota

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
That is true, Jerry. I found out now that drag and drop works. But anyway, this is not "a solution".