My Relationship button is grayed out and can't be used.

• Problem
  • Updated 11 months ago
The main Relationship button (with the squiggly red arrow) is grayed out and can't be used. I've made sure I am not selected on anything and it still doesn't work. If I create a new tab the button functions again but not on my main tab.
Very frustrated!
Photo of Ned

Ned

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of David Walsh

David Walsh, Official Rep

• 151 Posts
  • 36 Reply Likes
Ned

I have created a case and will email you as I need more information on your product and issue. 

Regards
Mindjet Support
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1642 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
@Ned As I recall this, In MM2012 the behaviour you describe is as designed. The Central topic is always excluded from any actions. The Main topics however had all the action-options.

And MindManager is basically Object Oriented designed. For people like us this means Do-it To-it.

So you always select a topic before you can use any action on that. So If you want to use a relationship. select the topic where the relation starts first. Next slect the releationship icon and keep your mouse pressed. Move the line indicator to the new topic and release the mousekey.

That is the normal procedure.

NOW in MM2019 you can use relationships also between the central topic and any other topic. And you don't have to select a topic first.
This maybe another reason tu upgrade??? ;-)

(Edited)