mysql

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
I'm trying to connect my windows mindjet plan to a MYSQL database.  Do you have any additional information for what should be in the required fields?  A sample, working connection would help greatly.

I'm entering the server name but didn't know if it required a port number. 

I setup a known user ID and password, but no matter what I try I cannot populate the database field.
Photo of mayers

mayers

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Esther van Wijngaarden

Esther van Wijngaarden

• 154 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
The servername does not require a portnumber, just the name or the IP-address of the server.
If you use a VPN connection, this connection must be active before you connect to the server.

Photo of SteveC

SteveC

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm having this issue too. I can connect successfully to an MS-SQL server, but I can't connect to a MySQL server from Mindmap. I can connect to the target MySQL in question from the same PC using other software (HeidiSQL) so this rules out any firewall or network connectivity issues. When I run a Wireshark capture on my PC network interface, I can see the network traffic when connecting to the MSSQL server, but I don't see any attempt to try to connect to the MySQL server at all, which make me think this is a bug in Mindjet itself. I'm using Mindjet 14.0.345.
Photo of SteveC

SteveC

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
MySQL - Connection Issues.

I am having issues conencting to a remote MySQL server using Mindjet. I can connect successfully to an MS-SQL
server, but I can't connect to a MySQL server from Mindjet. I can
connect to the target MySQL in question from the same PC using other
software (HeidiSQL) so this rules out any firewall or network
connectivity issues. When I run a Wireshark capture on my PC network
interface, I can see the network traffic when connecting to the MSSQL
server, but I don't see any attempt to try to connect to the MySQL
server at all, which make me think this is a bug in Mindjet itself. I'm
using Mindjet 14.0.345.
Photo of Markus

Markus

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi! I also cannot connect to a MySQL Server - the select box for database (at bottom of window) stays grey. MS SQL connection works well!
Photo of Julia Weber

Julia Weber

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same problem. Obviously NOBODY at Mindjet feels responsible for that. Or why don't they show up here with a little help?
Photo of Markus

Markus

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've placed a bug report at the mindjet support which was accepted as it could be 'simulated' there. It's now a few weeks ago without further feedback. Guess it might take a while until it can be fixed within a new release.
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 378 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello Everyone, 

Thank you all for your patience while we investigated this issue. 

To connect to MySQL through the Database Linker, you must have the 32-bit versions of the following applications:

1. MySQL connector,
2. MySQL server 5: for example “mysql-5.5.36-win32”.
3. Mysql-workbench-community. For example "6.0.9-win32" 

All of the above application can be found here: 
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/

After installing the above applications, please restart MindManager and try the connection. 

Photo of Julia Weber

Julia Weber

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Before I digg into this ... will this help me, to connect to my remote MySQL Server of my WebHost (Apache) or does this only enable local MySQL?
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

• 378 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
Julia, 

I do not have a remote MySQL Server to test with but I believe it should work.  In the Server Field, please be sure to enter the  location of the server as follows  'Address;Port='. See screenshot for example. 

Photo of Julia Weber

Julia Weber

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thx :-( installed: mysql-connector-odbc-5.2.6-win32 AND mysql-workbench-community-6.0.9-win32.msi ... the workbench connects with success. But Mindjet still lists no databases. Any ideas?

Photo of Terry Dalton

Terry Dalton

• 304 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Hi Julia, I have opened a case for you (Case #00315523) and one of our Technical Support Agents in Europe will contact you within the next 24-48 hours.
Photo of Julia Weber

Julia Weber

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thank you
Photo of Elias Kekakos

Elias Kekakos

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Hello, did you get a response from the team? I am having the sameproblem.

Thanks

Elis

Photo of Marian Kocmanek

• 378 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
Hi Elias, 

Where is your MySQL server located? We only support local servers. If you will like to troubleshoot further, you can open a support ticket a http://www.mindjet.com/contactus.
Photo of Markus

Markus

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello
Also does not work for me. MySQL Workbench is connecting fine. I have installed 'MySQL Conector ODBC' and later 'MySQL Connector J'. But the issue stays the same, no databases are listed within the 'Add Database Connection' window.
Photo of davetyner

davetyner

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Howdy folks! After sifting through all these posts and exhausting anything I can try on the web. I tried the old "Run as Adminstrator" trick when starting up MindJet. VOILA, MySQL is connected and databases are displayed!!
Photo of Kurt Klinzing

Kurt Klinzing

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I also cannot get MySQL to connect.
Does any one have an example to the actual values which they types into the fields?

I tried (lots of things) of the ilk:
Connection Name: 'myconnectionname'
Connection Type: 'MySQL Server'
Server: (I have no idea what is wanted here, I tried things such as, 'localhost', 'localhost:3306', path names to various files and folders, etc)
User name & password: <username and password for my database)
Database: Since I haven't connected to my server, this remains an uneditable field for me.

Which connector are we supposed to use? I loaded ODBC 32.

thanks