New user, I need help to export to VISIO (I have read the help file and done a new install etc)

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Not a Problem
I have Visio 2013. And it goes without saying that I have the latest version of Mindmanager. Was earlier on unpaid trail version and it did not work. I uninstalled everything and bought a license did a new install from link in email from mindjet. Still the same. Visio option does not show in either Export or in the OPTIONS - ADD-INS list. Only word and to me similar useless options. I need Visio support as I work mainly in Visio now and I thought this could be done as it is listed on the website if I am not mistaken.  Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Photo of Henrik Åslundh

Henrik Åslundh

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 375 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Henrik, 

MindManager no longer integrates with Visio. The last version that integrated with Visio was MindManager 8 for Windows but that add-in only supported Visio 2007. 

Photo of Henrik Åslundh

Henrik Åslundh

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok thanks for your reply. I guess I have to use 3rd party options like the ones mentioned below. I hope Visio support is something you will consider in the future. As I see it the products are not competing with eachother. Mindmanager is simple and fast to work with. Visio is a powerful software but slow to work with. Would be great to do the backbone of a work in mindjet and then continue in Visio.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1037 Posts
  • 251 Reply Likes
It's years since I've used Visio, but I understand it can import Excel files, which can be generated in MindManager.

There are two ways to do this. The first is to use MindManager's own CSV export facility to create a CSV file. This can be opened in Excel to convert to an Excel format and then opened in Visio.

The second option is to get the Map2Excel add-in from ActivityOwner: http://www.activityowner.com/products... this will create an Excel file which can be opened directly in Visio, at least in theory.

In both cases you will need to try the different file layout options before exporting, to work out which layout option is the best for Visio (probably table). And even with the Map2Excel add-in you may need to open the file in Excel to clean it up before opening it in Visio.
Photo of Henrik Åslundh

Henrik Åslundh

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Big thanks for the info. I guess my only hope is third party tweaks atm.