Non-customer focused support - any other experiences ?

• Problem
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
Hello, 
In January 2018 I bought a full license again (after a couple of years that I stopped using MM). End of august 2019 I bought an upgrade license (without really thinking that there could be an upgrade coming).  I did not get any notification/message about an upgrade. 

I recently was notified that an upgrade to 2020 was possible, but this appeared to be paying as another upgrade. 

I got in touch with the customer support department why I was not informed and what could be done and this was the feedback :

"We are sorry to hear that you placed the order outside of our campaign.Customers or trial testers who signed up for the product news and offers have received a campaign announcing for version MindManager 2020 for Windows, which started in August and ended the day before we released version MindManager 2020 for Windows. Customers were able to buy MM 2019 for Windows and received in additional Upgrade Protection Plan (UPP) for 1 year for free. This campaign enables those customers to receive MM 2020 Win for free. Unfortunately we no longer of grace period for customers who bought MindManager shortly before release. Only customers under subscription like UPP or MSA will receive the upgrade without any additional cost. We would like to offer you a 2-years Upgrade Protection Plan (UPP) subscription contract backdated to your order date."

In fact the Price for 2-years/license is another (excl. tax): €138.00

I guess support follows the rules set out (strict), but as a customer who bought 2 licenses in less then 20 months, getting offered a 'deal' that implies paying another important amount - I feel being treated like just a bag of money and I'm so disgusted. 

Any other experiences like this ? 

Br, 

Raf 

Photo of raf sutens

raf sutens

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • disgusted

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of David Walsh

David Walsh, Official Rep

• 151 Posts
  • 36 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Raf, 

Thanks for the feedback. I see that you are in Europe. I have escalated this to the regional manager
in Europe to follow-up with you on this. They should reach out to you on Monday.

Best Regards
David 
MindManager Customer Support

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.