opened an Org viewer template i want the boxes you can expand to go horizontally not vertically under the box above - how do i do this?

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
hi, brand new to mind manager - opened an Org viewer template i want the boxes you can expand to go horizontally not vertically under the box above - how do i do this?
Photo of andrea

andrea

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1480 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes
Please include some images to understand your question better
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1009 Posts
  • 247 Reply Likes
Also, please indicate which version you are using.

I may be wrong but after rereading your question I think what you are trying to do is replicate the org-chart horizontal layout at one or more subtopic levels under the main topic, as the default is to revert to a tree after the first or main topic level.

MindManager refers to this as "org-chart depth", which can be controlled. However, it can be a bit tricky to work out how to do this because in some versions there is more than one place to select map layout.

For example, in MindManager 2019 for Windows you can select the various map layout options such as org-chart under the Design tab on the ribbon, but this doesn't allow you to control org-chart depth. To do this you need to click on the Layout button under the Format tab, which will then show a drop-down menu with the layout options. If you click on Org-chart in this menu a menu item to control Org-chart depth will appear.
(Edited)
Photo of andrea

andrea

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, im using mindjet mindmanager Pro 2012. thank you thats great i have just found it thanks to your advice.