Also read a support article suggestion to manually install the add-in via command regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mindjet\MindManager 15\Mm10OutlookLinker.dll"
Now another occur, spelling checker failure, on each map I open. Didn't found the solution yet.
Maybe Mindjet can advice.
Sorry for bothering.
Am now on a promise for an engineer to be made available to do some trouble-shooting so shall see where we get.
MindManager & Outlook IMAP integration
I’m currently using Outlook 2015 & MindManager 15 (15.1.173) and have been having countless problems with getting the Calendar & Task integration working. After much frustration, swearing and investigation I believe the problem is that the integration only works properly with POP3 and not with IMAP in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
POP3 creates 1 data file:
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Outlook Files\ Work POP3 .pst
Whereas IMAP creates 2 data files:
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Outlook Files\Outlook Data File – Work IMAP.pst (default)
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\firstname.lastname@example.org - Work IMAP.pst
Apparently, IMAP uses 1 data file to store emails and the other data file to store calendar and contact information. I’m guessing that the integration is unsure where to call data from and where to post it.
To test the theory, using Outlook 2010:
1. I removed all Outlook email profiles and files from my computer before setting up an IMAP profile via Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Mail. The 2 IMAP files were created as above.
2. Created 1 meeting in Outlook Calendar and 1 task in Outlook Tasks.
3. Started MindManager. Created a new map with 1 topic and 2 sub-topics – 1 using MindManager Outlook Query for Today’s meetings and the other using MindManager Outlook Query for Today’s Tasks.
4. Ran MindManager Sync All Outlook Items In Map command: meeting and task both correctly imported into MindManager.
5. Made changes to both meeting and task in MindManager: meeting and task changes both correctly propagated into Outlook.
6. Created another meeting in Outlook Calendar and another task in Outlook Tasks. Used Send to MindManager button from Outlook: meeting and task both correctly imported into MindManager.
7. Made changes to both meeting and task in MindManager: meeting and task changes both correctly propagated into Outlook.
8. Created 2 subtopics in MindManager to send to Outlook as a meeting and a task. Both failed with “Mindjet MindManager could not connect to Microsoft Outlook. Try setting up Outlook, or restarting both Outlook and MindManager. Both programs must have the same Privilege Level property setting.”
I’m aware of a workaround being issued by Mindjet support, which works for POP3
- Set the datafile from my email account as default datafile.
- The data from the other datafile is now copied to the datafile of my email account.
- (All the data (email, calendar and outlook configuration data) is now located in 1 datafile)
- Next I remove the old file (outlook.pst).
However, this does not work for IMAP where it is impossible to swap “Set As Default” setting in Outlook between the 2 data files.
Given how prevalent IMAP has become and how it has overtaken POP3 as the defacto email standard, this needs to be address urgently.
I seem to recall that you can link to Outlook if you have both a POP3 and an IMAP. Account but I don't know how well that works in practice.