Outlook Linkage

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
I am struggling to understand the usefulness of the MindManager Outlook linkage. I want to work, sort and reply to Outlook Messages using MindManager but this is not possible. Outlook messages are one-way from Outlook to MindManager only.  No reply is possible from MindManager.  Does anyone have any examples of using the Outlook linkage effectively?  Many thanks!
Photo of David Halverson

David Halverson

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Dan Skiendziel

Dan Skiendziel

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I use the Outlook linkage primarily for tasks.  I may create a task in either MM or Outlook and then send it to the other.  I do this since I can then see all my tasks from different maps in one place, Outlook.  Then I can take advantage of reminders, etc.  Also the notes, % complete, start/end dates stay synced up.  But, I haven't found use for the email linkage other than sending an email to MM for reference in a map topic.  When I do that, I usually end up disconnecting the object from Outlook so I can then edit the note the email created in MM.  If you don't break the connection, you can't edit the note.
Hope this helps.
Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 81 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
please look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yul64qn9QfE
I found it only in german language

Photo of Andreas Lercher

Andreas Lercher

• 122 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
Hi Dan,
the notes from linked emails can't be edited in MindManager, because the notes are blocked by Outlook. Emails can only be edited in Outlook and than they have to be saved. 
The easiest way to add additional notes to an email in MindManager is to add a subtopic and add notes there. This works for mee very good.

Note that linked object from Outlook are still normal topics in MindManager. So they can have everything a topic is allowed to. 
Best, Andreas
(Edited)