Parallel projects in Kanban view?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
Hi!
I started using the Kanban (tag) view more often for tracking progress on separate projects I  have, but I need help with something. I'm on MM2019, if that matters.

How does one implement parallel projects in a MindManager Kanban board? I can easily create additional phases, change colors and add tags, but is there a way to create separate swimlanes across the tags? 
Looking to implement the parallel epics as shown in the picture below:

Is this viable with MindManager? If so, how?

Thanks!!!
Photo of fsmontenegro

fsmontenegro

• 19 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1626 Posts
  • 242 Reply Likes
You have found the option to add more phases.
Obviously one feature task cannot be in two phases at the same time.
That solves part of your question.

For the layout I suggest you switch to Map view and use the Orgchart layout. There you could use the smart background Objects for the layout and maybe create a SmartRule that does the same with dragging topics in map view as you do in the Tag view. Do it Once and reuse it all the time.

I understand this does not solve all layout stuff, but it does most of it.

I use that approach in my advanced training and it saves time, has a better look and feel and my students love it.
Photo of fsmontenegro

fsmontenegro

• 19 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I like the idea of the Org chart and can see top layer on org chart being phases and each "underling" being a task. Where would the smart background object and Smart Rule come into play?
Thanks!
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1626 Posts
  • 242 Reply Likes
Try the info over here:

https://www.mindjet.com/blog/2019/02/adopt-kanban-project-management/

And this

https://www.mindjet.com/blog/2018/12/interactive-diagrams-mindmanager-just-got-smarter/

And ofcourse there are several experienced MindManager trainers who can help you even more.